A Capable Maid - Ch. 42

Double-page supporter
@Siquall I've seen the raws and maybe I missed something since I can't read Korean but
I do see the one investigator guy talking to Marie. Did he somehow figure out she was Princess Morina? I can't imagine any evidence exists - like if she even actually admitted it, she wouldn't exactly have any proof.

Do you guys know when they’ll find that Marie is the princess Morina?

What a wonderfully terrible idea. I can only imagine this will make the princess candidates look all the more incompetent, while only bolstering Marie's own reputation and renown as the matter will almost certainly fall into her capable hands.

Wouldn't serving Kiel be a better bet for her to leave the palace? I don't believe she plans enough to benefit from helping Rachel and probably doesn't know the prince is aware that her efforts are being noticed.

Dex-chan lover
@Lunaion : Probably the mindset of not wanting an 'unfair' treatment between them.
Kiel would be helping her out of kindness/friendship while she's just using him for her own benefit. Marie would feel guilty about 'abusing his kindness' basically.
vs
With Rachel it's just 'business', both side use each other, so there's no need to feel guilty about anything

The art is so pretty as always...

Ah yes, mention of Cloyan... wonder how they’re doing over there 👀

First time seeing a lady being guided inside the carriage. Like they always guiding from outside xD

I guess the Crown Prince is one of the very few left handed characters I have seen in manhwas???

Something about this world isn't quite gelling together...on one hand, there's a clear social hierarchy. On the other hand, Kiel does what would (in a real societal hierarchial kinda place) brand Marie as essentially a mistress. Or I guess a whore, since mistresses have status and she is nothing but a prisoner of war turned maid. Taking her around and claiming to treasure her, so publicly in places where people know his name. But at the same time, all the other characters seem unphased, as if they're progressive and dont care about these kinds of things. Very odd.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it's so unlikely but I'd much prefer if she just got with kiel, even if the prince wouldn't necessarily treat her badly he seems like such a bad fit.

Even if her royal family was shit he still killed them, and she's spent a lot of her life fearing him, you really gonna just get with that long term most likely? Plus she talks about freedom quite a bit, being royalty again would be so far from that. Kiel may have a high position too, but I doubt his responsibilities would be nearly the same level. She's never really had any bad experiences with him either, which is a big positive.

Plus he just seems like a nicer guy in general, even if they're both 'nice' to a degree that ML types are.

I don't get the idea behind setting this story in a version of the real world. They have things like the eastern and western empire and the clowan territory, yet also have the vatican and the map has italy. All this does is bring me out of the story compared to if it was just it's own world.

Users who are viewing this thread