A Capable Maid - Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
If you're going to use Sultan as the leading figure anyway why not just use Sultanate instead of Halidom?

@Sleepytime
In Ch. 46 the Crown Prince confronts Rachel and Marie (from my understanding... tho I'm not sure if there were any repercussions ^^;)

@kkoki So I'll just outline how I consider that a completely unfair point to make.
1. Just because it's a made up setting does NOT mean it can't reference real issues. Ever noticed how X isekai has everyone hating on demons even though they're actually really cool? That's the author creating a dialogue on racism. Addressing real issues is a huge concern in what, probably most people, consider "good" literature.
2. You, yourself, just called it "Muslim culture", meaning you fully understood and connected the issue in the manga to a real world culture and religion.
3. If you want to connect it to countries specifically; I think I can do that to a debatable extent.

So the story mostly has talked about the east/west empire/kingdom and cloyan. To me these countries reminded me of East/West/Middle Frankia of the medieval era (middle Frankia was later called Lotharingia and was short-lived and absorbed mostly by East Frankia) these countries later became France and the Holy Roman Empire/even later Germany. The Eastern Muslim place probably refers to something like the Ottoman Empire, who uppon conquering Anatolia, the Balkans, Egypt, etc in our world, they shut down many forms of trade with Christian Europe.

me being a muslim read this is like "wow , the author must be research it more to my religion" hahaha. though that it's true some of us won't eat a meat that doesnt use our procedure. though that some of it dont realy care especially if he live in a countyr that not a muslim majority. i even dont know though within my coutnry is still the procedural way but 1 of the must procedure is the one who slaugher must be a muslim too , and most of us are muslim. but still to think that the author bringin this kind is like playing with fire though. but hope anyone dont get ignited buy it.

Fed-Kun's army
man, the author shouldn't use religion as a plot point, especially in such an "intense" way. they can use culture and that is more widely accepted. but what can I do? I read manga for free every day.

Fed-Kun's army
anyone who reads this comment, before you go and post a comment. please be chill, this is just a fictional manga/manhua/manhwa.

Why does both partie have to be so judgmental of each other ? 😖
Yes i understand the feeling of that envoy, since if he had not noticed he would have wasted years of abstinence and made a huge mistake in his religious life, BUT he didn't have to make such a fuss , in the end he is there for a favor , he should just complained and get to his room and then wait for the prince for an audience!
Also fasting has it's own rules, you can't just decide to fast in the middle of the day without any preparation 😅
God i got a bad aftertaste of this chapter

Aggregator gang
@momch4il ughh seriously, normal people don't really inject their political view /issue into a fantasy/magic genre story as much as the west. The author may have use real life information as a basis of their story but that doesn't really mean they are focusing on the topic itself. So please just read like a normal person and enjoy a FANTASY GENRE STORY that was meant to be enjoy as it is instead of arguing pointless stuff that was clearly separated from the story.

Dex-chan lover
@DragonRider45 The problem here, is that this isn't the real world. Their religion probably takes from Muslim/Middle East culture, but we can't say that IT IS Muslim, fictional story and all. From how the Prince and Delegate are having their inner monologues, they have almost zero interactions with each other's culture. So hence, they honestly won't give a flying fuck about the other's way of life. Prince doesn't care to put in any effort in dealing with him, and Delegate won't accept anything wrong, despite the fact that he should know they won't get everything right. They both don't even want to meet each other. There's zero cultural mixing in this story. So I think it's pretty natural here for him to be a pompous piece of shit.

Dex-chan lover
What exactly be gained from helping her by solving her problem?
Oh well just wait and see I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread