A Capable Maid - Ch. 43

dude, the way that the mulsim religion was portrayed was incredibly disrespectful.

also, marie is letting that rachel bitch take all her ideas... honestly, like another comment, would not be surprised if the crown prince picked her.

also! shouldn't the candidates also know at least a bit about the basics of different religions? the crown prince too. he's even worse

imma be honest. as a muslim whose read tons of mangas/manhwa depict my religion, hardly any of them were accurate. i was surprised that this chapter knows about how we slaughter. but why do i feel like this is in bad taste?

@lily2336 I think the author was doing it on purpose to show the lack of understanding that exists between these two countries. One side doesn't understand why the other cares about "their little rules", the other is aghast by the lack of respect to their God.

I was enjoying this chapter, but when they talked about Arab religion, I didn’t like it, to be honest I think the author didn't do further research on this topic. Calling it ”annoying” was very rude. If you are going to have someone from other religion and country visiting your country, you will need to know about THEM. If you are not confident in your self writing about arabs then don’t. For example if there was an arab Muslim, experiencing this, they will get mad. They can’t drink wine nor they can eat pork or meat that was not slithered Hala. I respect and understand their religion. Seeing this chapter makes me feel that the author wants us to be annoyed with those Arab. Some people can't see the good parts, they only see what they want😢
Sorry for my bad english
No offense, this was humbly my opinion 🕊
One more thing, I am really mad at Rachel for taking all Marie's ideaaa, stoppp 😤

I kinda hate the crown prince behavior in this chapter... the disrespect is.... hmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't wanna talk about how it is described since we don't know what is the author's real intentions to write those..

But here, the crown prince and his staff considered rude for someone whom are very intelligent....

Thank you for the chapter <3
Bad luck for the kingdom, both candidates are terrible. At least Arial actually tries to use her brain (tho serving non-halal food says otherwise -_- man, I'm really trying hard to see why they were chosen, ruling out their status ofc) unlike Rachel who relies heavily on Marie. Rachel be that bitch who ask for exam clues but takes and copies the wholeass test paper to a T.
I can't wait for the chapter where the Rachel gets served by the Crown Prince >:) Rachel (and Ariel too) is pretty much just plot fodder (a part of me still wishes that they live up to the villainess role TT). Yes, keep showing how inferior you are to Marie mwahahaha.

I feel like the author did enough research to get the specifics right, but put it in such a stereotypical and negative light that it was just appalling. I understand that this is a Korean manhwa designed for a mostly Korean audience, but I don’t think that excuses the fact that she did enough research to get it right and yet still stuck to racist stereotypes. If you were to use something that is blatantly from Muslim culture, then you should respect the culture you are taking the ideas from.

Dex-chan lover
This is made by a Korean so even this level of depiction of any middle eastern religion at least isn't completely delusional.

People need to understand that "they're racist" is the point the author is trying to drive in. This is, maybe let's say, a 17th century setting. The author is deliberately trying to show how they don't understand each other.
Both sides view one another as uncivilized and rude. It makes sense and is a perfectly reasonable narrative to build on. The question is where will it go from here.

I have so much to say about this chapter omg
First the envoy already made up his mind before even arriving at the empire about how shitty his experience would be, its like he was waiting for some fault or problem to lash out.. i hate that.
Also there are a lot of inaccuracies with the religion piece :( tho i feel like the portrayal is just... bad
This can only be fixed if someone of higher status than the envoy comes in and like they show that he has personal issues and that he doesnt represent their empire and religion.. because islam is a religion of peace.. with the way he acted it just left a bad taste in my mouth?
As for the prince and how the whole lot of them were culturally insensitive wtf.. annoying??? Fbjskfdkkdk yeah they are white what do u expect from them
Ah fuck i really liked this comic.. wish the author did more research... because arab-coded and muslim-coded characters made by non muslims and non arabs are usually portayed as barbaric or the sorts, we dont need more of that :(

I'm tired of the Rachel plot. Can we get rid of her already and focus back on Marie?

Dex-chan lover
@nerururu If you hate cultural insensitivity, maybe not respond to that with racism. >.>

Anyways thinking about it, There isn't anything about any kind of religion that makes its followers better people so your gonna have your fair share of assholes like every other culture and religion so it seemed the envoy decided to be cruel and picky. He was just as insensitive to cultural differences as the Prince and co were so they were hateful and dismissive towards each other. So I'd say it comes out neutralish, it really depends on how the next few chapters present it.

@momch4il This manhwa is considered more to be fantasy, and I don’t think it has any real references to actual historical 17th century monarchies. It’s a completely made up world with completely made up things, so I think the complete lack of cultural respect can’t really be justified like that.

imagine complaining about religion in a manga/manwha lmao

you guys really need to work out on other stuff

Users who are viewing this thread