A Capable Maid - Ch. 43

Double-page supporter
I found Ariel a bit cute at the start of the chapter.

Also, Kasan is dreamy.

Dunno how I feel about diplomat character. On the level of the story he is obviously very rude as an uninvited guest and haughty. While he has the right to live out his religion in peace, he cannot assume everyone knows every detail of his religion.
On a meta level it kinda doesn't sit well with me that the believers of islam are portrayed in such a way. Non-christian religions and non-western values/lifestyles are most often shown as deviating from the norm and as such either wrong or threatening to the western belief set.
Meh just hope this goes arc is over soon I don't like Rachel either lol

Dex-chan lover
Interesting that they'd portray Islam - I was expecting another go a Christianity, especially after seeing the Hagia Sophia. Never thought I'd be seeing the fantasy equivalent of the Ottoman Caliphate.

And I'm just now reminded that Rachel's family name is Istvan, of course I should have expected bad things from her.

Contributor
Rachel is so boring, annoying and useless.
It's mary who do everything.

At least Aria try to do things herself, even if it don't work as expected.

Fed-Kun's army
This's interesting. Ah but muslims typically don't act this way, if they get served a non-halal food they will just not eat it(they bring their own food i believe.). I think the diplomat here is trying to go to war i guess? or provoke something between the 2 kingdoms.

Don't worry as a muslim we don't act like that lol plus we would just eat the vegetarian dishes like and adult (yes that is a perfect presentation of a child throwing a tantrum as if everyone should magically know what they want)😂

Did i see songkok? LMAO why is malay traditional cap in that world? 😂😂

What is the point of being there if you just default to Mary for everything and then claim it was your idea.
The prince needs to knock her down some pegs instead of giving her a glare and asking if she really did it.

I think that Kasan is purposefully trying to get the upper hand by starting an argument and accusing them of being ignorants to what happens outside of their country? (or maybe he's just a brat throwing a fit and I'm here over analyzing stuff 😂)
Thanks for the translation ❤️

Rachel, cant you stop already? Stop pretending that you're a genius, i cant even laugh. Im annoyed at her ugh.

Thank for the update!♡

As a moslem, i could really tell that the halidom delegation is just throwing tantrum, like dude! You can eat the vegan dishes if u are not sure whether the meat is halal or not.-_- what a dumbo

I'm surprised they went with the Islam route. When I read "halidom" I was expecting another faux-Christian empire chock full of stereotypes and barebones representation. Naturally, given how many thousands of times this has been done, I would have taken it in stride.

The fact that there are people reacting negatively to this exaggerated (and possibly fake, if the Prince's actions are just to politically aggravate) portrayal is unsurprising. Nearly all modern works involving "evil religious groups" is faux-Christian, but apparently that's not quite as offensive.

Also, I think I might like Arial more than Rachel. Yeah she's an asshole, but at least she has a personality and takes initiative. If Rachel didn't have Marie at her side, what would she even do? No initiative, no preparation, no research or plans. It's no wonder her house is going to shit, if she's their representative.

Fed-Kun's army
Rachel again using Marie as a crutch to gain favor. If there's going to be consequences for it, I hope they're juicy as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread