A Capable Maid - Ch. 45

@CarmillaKriegstein
I can admit I was not entirely right, but I think it is safe to say its a bit of a grey area. Also I did do some basic research:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_prince

So by traditional standards I would be correct that the "Crown" part of the title denotes the heir apparent which these princess would very much not be. However by modern standards the "Crown" title is conferred to the spouse as a matter of courtesy, but holds no real meaning beyond that. So I guess it will depend on what standard you want to go by. Monarchies aren't really a very critical part of modern societies anymore, so I would say these distinctions are not that important anymore hence the more relaxed application of this title.

However in the past I would be willing to bet such distinctions were much more important for prestige and would very likely carry a large amount of weight in the court. It is going to be a matter of context here. Is this alternate world with modern sensibilities but older technological levels or is it simply a fictionalized past? Maybe something else entirely, who can say besides the author? Matters of court titles are extremely strict is most all cases, so the distinctions would matter, but I mean honestly I doubt even the author thought that deeply about the hierarchical structures that would be of importance here. If he did, the MC wouldn't even be a maid as that would be highly unlikely given her status. So we continue suspending disbelief.

Fed-Kun's army
Psh Prince already knows those are Marie's ideas anyway.
I was thinking inline with Marie though but I couldn't breakdown the sugar part for myself. I was like, hmm cookies and pastries... somewhere along those lines. LOL

Thanks for the chapter!
Wish they would've pointed out what and why trading would be illegal or at least criteria that determines something illegal earlier. In any case, Marie is very smart for thinking up an alternative that benefits both sides without angering the church (or at least not giving them any cause they can complain about directly.) Although Marie's relationship with Rachel might start going sour soon as it seems Rachel has a similar temperament to other candidate but to a lesser degree and better at presenting a good front for a while. Rachel's insistence for presenting the idea and pointing out it's in Marie's interest if does well seems a bit shady to me. After all, if actually does marry prince due to Marie's help she's going to need Marie around to maintain the façade. Although in previous chapters prince has already surmised Rachel's ideas are actually Marie's so Rachel should just fess up as claiming credit is just making her look worse.

@saitoh514 Title of Crown Prince might not mean much around here due to checks and balances to avoid or weaken abuse of power like has occurred in past numerous times but since land Marie in seems a lot like olden times it's extremely important. Basically because it means he's next in line for being King/Emperor who has the final word in everything, whose word is law, and can have even a noble executed or whipped for a perceived slight. Whether that's a good idea or not will vary. However, this means a lot of nobles will be trying to cozy up to him as agree with his views or more likely seeking favors/influence/rank advancement/backing/etc.

😤bruh I am so glad that the Prince sees right through Rachel otherwise I would not be able to continue this series cos Rachel gets my blood boiling!!!! 😤

Talking based on story development... I just hope both mc romance progress more before chpter 50 ended :(
Please authornim🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 *telepathy*

How long do i have to see rachel in this series. So many rachels piss me out (somehow this remind me of rachel from tower of god whom long forgotten by me)

Users who are viewing this thread