A Capable Maid - Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
She leveled up, so it opened another slot in her harem, that's why a new guy is introduced.

Fed-Kun's army
Feels bad for Marie. Her attempts to try and pass off the buck to one of the candidates ended up with her becoming nobility within the kingdom, and now Prince Rael has the ability to marry her if she does great enough work. There's failing successfully, and then there's this cascade of promotions from deliberate attempts to gtfo.

Dex-chan lover
The prince isn't fucking her over. True freedom requires you to have the resources to live the life you desire (instead of having to slave away just to put some food on your plate) and a knight title gives her the chance to obtain those resources. Being a commoner with no back-up just means you are free to suffer poverty and little else.

Of course, the prince missed that Marie doesn't want freedom from poverty or slavery, she wants freedom from him.

Dex-chan lover
By the way, the note on page 8 is amazing 😁

"No, You should leave a marriage registration form"
That's so very true

Dex-chan lover
Maybe he sniffed her put lol
It seems like she's more afraid of her skills being known instead of her Princess identity

Dex-chan lover
Uh... dude... you can't... you can't just order someone to take on the role of a saint, that's a vocation taken voluntarily from God and often not even recognized until after death.

I know this won't happen because ✧ plot ✧ but come on give her some space. She just wants peace, damn it.

Dex-chan lover
Le sigh
So much for disappearing lol. Shes in the spotlight now

Many thanks

Ok but Rael immediately crediting her as soon as people complimented “his” idea, like......the character contrast between him and Rachel......I swoon

Fed-Kun's army
but does she have to keep doing the maid chores as in its just a title and get back to work or does she get new responsibilities?
Also, yeah I want her to get away and live a peaceful life but I'm not that frustrated about it because she brought this upon her self. Her mouth kept saying "I want to get away" but every action she took from the first chapters were screaming "look at me, I'm amazing".

Yall...she only asked for freedom. He interpreted that as the freedom from her pow/slave status so he gave her title, which not only grants her social autonomy (stable income, court authority, marriage options etc.), but it keeps her in a position where it isn't likely that she'd return back to that pow/slave status.
From that angle, he's fulfilled her wish in it's entirety and more imo.

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus So yes he did screw her over. Your last line contradicts your first. Should she have told him in exact words that she wants to get away from him? People might want to think so but he would ask why and then there would be so much trouble. It's a mess she couldn't get out of until he lost all interest in her and he won't so she's stuck. It's kind of sad.

Users who are viewing this thread