A Capable Maid - Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
@Faryshta Are you not reading my comments before replying? That means that what I said is correct and that you're criticizing me for nothing.

You all are missing a possible explanation.

The prince knew the solution the entire time. Merely wanted someone else to state it.

If you think about it, his knowledge that Mary is probably interfering and his inference that the blonde isn't actually coming up with the solutions would allow him to present a slightly complicated question that he figures she can answer, and give away. Challenge it, as he did last time, and bring up a complication that he hopes wasn't discussed (as he did last time).

When he finally catches the girl out, he can assert that it is Mary, and from it bestow it as her accomplishment and give her a title. His part only suggests that to him, this solution was something he could do at any point and the ENTIRE delegation was just beneath him to bother (or politically inconvenient to be directly involved in).

Duke seems like my type :) yee

This story is not that great but the men in it are great

@MCAV
Maybe because she took the identity of a real maid, not just a forged identity and found no loophole except for her knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
@ajwf That works until you accept that we literally read his mind as readers of this series. We see that he didn't know these answers and is praising Marie as more intelligent than he is.

in what world is this a fucking reward.
marie has asked for freedom and he has gone "i will do you one better... you can be nobility in my kingdom, so you can never leave!"
and obviously this is the better political choice for the prince but on an interpersonal level, it is once again asserting that she has no free will here, and he will not respect her wishes. it is also setting up that marie can never gain her freedom by doing good deeds - every time she acts to aid the prince or the kingdom, it raises her political value and makes DOUBLY sure that the prince will never grant her freedom.
the only way she can leave the kingdom now is if she runs away; gets official permission from the prince (to leave the kingdom while still doing something to benefit the prince); or to seduce the prince to the point where he wants marie to be happy, even if it means leaving him.

@Gameruru I don't remember her taking the identity of a maid, just the dressing up as one to prevent being killed. Still, I thought all maids were supposed to have been questioned and I find the lack of interest in someone so noticeable weird.

Though, it is true that there were no surviving portraits of her while a princess, so no one actually know what she looks like, especially considering she wasn't a noble for long and basically kept locked up.

Ahhh I just want to see them together >_< It definitely feels like this is a good step in the right direction but I also feel like now we'll have a big lul in progress.. Oh well, the novel on Kako only has 100 chapters (unless I'm seeing something wrong) so hopefully we won't have to wait too long!! Though the last chapter of the original (chap 51) was posted December 10th so it seems we're almost caught up to the raws while they take a break

@Grerutin It comes down to the fact that the two people in question have different definitions of freedom. To Marie, freedom means the freedom to leave and to go wherever she wants. To the prince, freedom means not being a slave. They have these different ideas because the prince has misunderstood what she wants to be freed from. And it's only fair he has, because she is doing everything in her power to prevent him from understanding that very thing.

Dex-chan lover
@adhding_nerd She's a noble now, with expected duties to the crown. If she just up and leaves, the crown will assume kidnapping (due to her value) and send out search parties. If she tries to officially abdicate her title, the crown might take that as an insult and aggrieved rebel groups may kidnap her to use as a bargaining chip.

Dex-chan lover
she just got forced to stay by the title. that's cunning prince. >: C

Contributor
Cant blame the prince, Marie wasn'tcm clear enough for what she wanted ( i want to be free = i want to not be a slave )

Users who are viewing this thread