A Capable Maid - Ch. 50

Dex-chan lover
Down with conquerors, tyrants, and slave owners! Long live the people of the southwest.

i wonder why she always thinks "huh what a weird dream" and not "oh i had another prophetic dream, wonder what issue I'll run in today that'll have to do with it" hahaha

Andddddd the nuke has been dropped. Don’t get me wrong it’s a good story, good paced, many characters, just... it’s not my preference. I’ll keep up touch on this and probably read it to the end when it does unless it gets 200 chapters or more.

@Miyono-chan LOL I read the Spanish version of the tale 🤣

The king asked how much his 3 daughter loved him and the oldest said: "i love you as much as bread" which pleased the king. The second daughter answered "I love you as much as wine" and the king was again very happy with it. And lastly, the youngest replied "I love you as much as salt" which did not convince the king and as she refused to elaborate her statement, the angered king kicked her out. She married a influential person and one day received the king for a meal. She herself prepared everything and made sure there was plenty of bread and wine but she did not put any salt to anything. As the king was eating and everything was bland because of the lack of salt he said: "I would be fine without bread or wine as long as I have salt" and then the daughter appears asking: "Really? Do you perhaps remember a daughter who once said she loved you as much as salt?"

If context is necessary, bread and wine are imprescindible accompaniments for a Spanish meal that's why the king was pleased by their answers.

Also, I recently found out in literature class that Shakespeare's King Lear begin with a similar premise. And for some reason my teacher never heard of the tale. Weird.

Fed-Kun's army
Yes... Let the starving villages replace their wheat crops which is a staple crop with sugar during a famine.

That sounds like a great idea prince.....

I'm sure the villages will be happy to know the new crops they are growing which won't generate as much nutrition per acre of land will be very taste and they will happy convert to this new crop as long as they get a taste of it before dying of starvation.

What was it Marie Antoinette?
"If the hungry poor do not have enough to eat, let them eat cake!"

I hope... they aren't going to be that dumb. but if that's the direction this series is going, I'm going to drop it.

This chapter didn’t show up in my followed list for some reason, I hope it get fixed

Wheat is a staple crop but the land there isn't suitable, it's a good idea to cultivate another plant instead of letting it turns into a wasteland, I'm not an agriculture expert so I understood only a little of it. This can start to generate the economy instead of depending on the wheat harvest that isn't abundant

Dex-chan lover
Powder of happiness and the screams of the poor souls who wish to lose weight

They trade the Sugar for gold then the gold for food. It Will take nearly a year to two years for the plan to work

They're right though. He even killed her whole family while walking through the Palace demanding for her to be brought to him while covered in her families blood. She's only alive because that maid admittedly rushed to her with a maids uniform after probably watching other members of the royal family being violently murdered. But because he's nice to her even who she's a slave (We're meant to ignore that he's willingly taking war slaves?) we're meant to forget everything and like him.

Users who are viewing this thread