A Capable Maid

@FStubbs Ah yeah that makes sense too. I figured she wouldn't kick her out immediately since she's incompetent without her hahahaha.

Too bad Rachel doesn't stand a chance lol. The prince is gonna look for Marie when he notices she's gone for a second.

This was enjoyable at first but its far too slow. It's just sort of boring at this point.

"The lost princess had a good head to judge the crown prince and hide her identity but then the westener king... she had no reason to judge based on rumors.

I guess the author cares about the plot rather than to stay in character."

She didn't judge the western king based on rumours though. It's a fact that he killed the mentioned Duke and bloodily suppressed dissent in the Western kingdom. He also showed by his considered actions that she was right not to put any trust in him, especially as if he knew her real identity he wanted to use her as a figurehead and puppet he's as dangerous to her in his own way as Rael. Her behaviour towards him was perfectly in character.

This and "Beatrice" share very similar but different plots!! I am a fan, as such, I must recommend you read both of them.

The art is pretty and the characters are likeable but the writing is terrible, don’t waste your time on this. I got to 44 chapters and it’s just so.. bad.. like it’s so childish and fairy tale like which doesn’t match its themes of
war, like the mc is actually a princess who’s currently a war prisoner
. You’d expect better writing of such a serious premise but no it’s genuine trash. I love cliches and cheesy romance stories, I love all types honestly but this is so bad

All good except for plot, which is infuriating at times for me.

Edit: chapter 45 dropped, and that blondie pisses me off more and more

That blonde girl is so annoying. Why is she taking other people's credit, like can she not think of her own ideas? And she wants to become empress! What's going to happen when she does become empress? I swear she's going to be so useless. And she also says that Marie's hers, wdum she doesnt belong to you.

I don't know why we are hating on Rachel. As a candidate, she must one; not show any weaknesses and two; make herself appear to be the best out of the two. While I do agree that she should have credited Marie, it makes her appear weak, and even if she did not know the knowledge before; she has learned it then (being able to memorize so much is *chef's kiss*). She as a candidate is guilty of stealing credit, but that does not mean she isn't learning along the way which is what a candidate is supposed to do. (I know it's all to make our main character stand out more and it's not like Marie isn't likeable; in fact that she is so capable just proves that she deserves to be on that throne) but hating an ambitious young woman who has a lot to lose is NOT IT. Kay thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

What I still can't get is why no one went to ask the foreign diplomatic advisors for advice. There are specific people who are in charge of learning the culture of foreign countries for this EXACT reason and neither candidate thought to go ask for advice. It's a major flaw that I do not believe; that prior to Marie showing her skills there was not a single other individual of power who did not know that other countries did not have the same traditions; they acknowledge it by calling each-other PAGANS FOR DUCKS SAKE!

THE PLOT HOLES ARE STRONG IN THIS ONEEEE!

bruh if the mc tell the blonde then i really don't know what the f*ck is wrong with her anymore

@LastGlance ambitious young woman your eyes, i'm really surprised that you even think that rachel will learn anything if she keep doing that

honestly if she becomes the crown prince she won't be able to do anything.
I really hope Marie doesn't say anything.

Marie would never be able to leave if Ariel becomes Crown Princess, she knows close to nothing about being Crown Princess!

To be fair, she did actually had a good suggestion this time, but really you should tell together so she gets fair credit instead of a bad rep from claiming all.

Users who are viewing this thread