A comment box for why the manga is being edited.

Contributor
I just now edited a manga replacing the novel image with the novel adaption image and added a link to the official RAW. It would be nice to have a comment box for why I did that. The box would also need to be empty every time you go in to do an edit unless the consecutive edits are within minutes of each other (e.g. after finishing an edit, you forgot to add that link to RAW). That way, you won't have an unending list of editing comments.

You can argue that the edit itself is obvious. For the most part, yes. Other times, not so much. An example would be editing the manga name to capitalize a word because that is how it appears on the manga cover image. I would also delete an alternate name because it is an exact duplicate of the actual name.

Dex-chan lover
Why not just use the title's comment section, which already exists?
I think it's fine to use the comments for edits like adding the raw's link, but small changes like fixing a typo in the name are too unimportant to comment

Contributor
I suppose. But I would prefer to keep the comments section about the title to be just about the title, where edits are a separate issue.

I also agree that obvious edits should not need to be commented on. But non-obvious edits might need to be commented on because it might change a search parameter. However, I have a mental deficiency called Asperger's Syndrome. What is obvious to others are not obvious to me. If there was an edit comment box, I wouldn't waste my time trying to figure out what was changed and why.

Group Leader
I am for this suggestion. It helps keep wikia and wikipedia sane. More workload for the devs but would conceivably be a good nicety for the mods and uploaders.

Users who are viewing this thread