A Dating Sim of Life or Death

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze

well it's clear what's unclear now lol thx, but
at one point kusora threatened/persuaded sayaka to leave to which she agreed, but why? maybe i missed some crucial dialogue that i can't find again?

Contributor
@Galder

at one point kusora threatened/persuaded sayaka to leave to which she agreed, but why? maybe i missed some crucial dialogue that i can't find again

Because
she tried to kill Kusora ? Even if it was a mistake, it's not something that can be forgiven, so she need to leave the country or else she will be killed right away.

Fed-Kun's army
Save and load is one of the most powerful abilities and hes not making full use of it...

Dex-chan lover
This manga is great,8/10
It's a mystery detective story with limited time travel powers. ( and a few others )
The MC gets missions to solve and if he fails to do so he dies permanently.
There are other plot points but for a short review this is all you really need to know.

The first chapter have some.... less than positive things it in and that makes a lot of people skip this hidden gem of a manga.
but if you read a few chapters after the first one or skip it entirely you get a feel for what it really is.
With that out of the way, the story is good, but it's not perfect.

The MC is really OP but still fails from time to time, this in itself is fine but the way he fails is not.
Most of the times he fails to use some of his powers correctly leading to what should have been avoidable tragedies.
(most of them being because he saves too much or not loading after bad things happens )
For example :
He basically revealed to one of the recurring characters that he have "powers" of some kind, (but not what powers)
This character then occasionally threaten to kill him from then on if he fails to obey them.
And all of this could have been avoided if not for saveing too much.
And also
A girl dies in her home and because he saved in the middle of it and was not able to rewind far enough to save her.
( also the reason she died in the first place is arguably because of him.
He put her to sleep just before it happends so she died where he left her, but she likely would have died anyway if he did not save her)
but with that said when he does use them he does so in a pretty decent way.

He gets a array of "items" that he can buy for money he gets from doing quests, that offers limited superpowers.
Most of them are consumables and only works a few times before he needs to buy new once, That said they are kind of cheap for what they offer.
Some of the more usable items so far is
A invisible self wielding sword that can deflects bullets, Instant sleep powder, bandages that gives a super fast healing factor and spy glasses are your generic "analysis"

It has alot of plot holes, silly mistakes and other things.
But if you can use your suspension of disbelief long enough its a great mystery drama that i belive you will find enjoyable if you like time travel stories.

@goldenzeal
I don't remember if the manga explained this or not but there are costs to loading. He only loads of it's a last resort situation. There is an overall time limit to finish the game, and loading doesn't rewind the overall game timer. He has to save relatively frequently because if he needs to load, he doesn't lose as much time from the overall game timer.

Dex-chan lover
@Amarillo

it does actually, but the cost seems to be fairly insignificant to the wealth he gets from the missions.
Also the time is pretty long, preventing huge mistakes is worth spending the extra few hours in the long run imo.
if it were only a few days time limit then sure.... but considering he have a full years time...... its not nearly as big of an issue.

but sure, waste not want not and all that....

I'm desperately waiting for more chapters. But I heard the author stopped writing the LN, what will happen now?

@DPChaos
Kusora is worried that her husbando might choose another woman, so she forces this elaborate plot onto Hikami. Basically, she kidnaps Hikami and then pretends to be asleep. If Hasegawa decides to save Hikami by way of borrowing a helicopter, her men were told to jump out of said helicopter to kill him for his disloyalty.

Users who are viewing this thread