A False Confession - Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
Her mind processes things so quickly. It's so funny but I'd be the same. LOL

Fed-Kun's army
Hmmm everyone's saying that they love the badass MC but I don't know how I feel about her whining about helping the sick and wounded when she clearly has the ability to (as one of the best healers), and making money for the temple that raised her.
"I've only ever used my ability for nobles in sickbeds. But now he's telling me to use it during the war for people who are dying!"
Bro what, it's not like you're being sent to fight in the war? I get that she's annoyed because she doesn't like this lifestyle, but she made it clear that she didn't want to leave the temple and actually work a normal job because she's lazy, and now she doesn't want to do the job that she actually did sign up for.
Also, she's mad that the temple is using her for money but like of course they will. They're clothing you and feeding you because you didn't want to leave and get a job. As you mentioned before, they also use that money to raise, feed, and give orphans like you a free education (that's gotta take a lot of money). I find it odd that she can't sympathize when she was in that situation before.

Fed-Kun's army
Also in chapter 2 she says she has no desire for money or wealth but now she's suddenly all like "yay materialism." Confusion

@Haru_Honeyshiki
THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING TRANSLATION!
However, do you mind telling me who's that yummy hubba-hubba guy in the credit post?
eeh it's for educational purpose hoho
hehe thanks❀️

edit : nevermind, I just figured it out. My impatient ass can't handle his divine looks huehue

Thank you translators for the work!

@navinator: Well even though she has complaints she does the work and presents a good face. Even though her thoughts run the other way she still helps as needed even though she dislikes it. She just dislikes being run into the ground and does self-reflection on what she's doing and how that would affect her future. She's aiming for middle ground or complete security if the chance presents itself.

Although she could leave the church and work towards getting as much money as possible it would be difficult. Since she has no family or support system apart from the Church she'd have to build connections from the bottom up. Perhaps be an indentured apprentice or something similar just to get her foot in the door. Even then there's no guarantee that she'd make it. She could end up in a worse position than before. She also wants to avoid being run ragged as a wage slave.

Her parents either abandoned her or died and left her an orphan on the street. It was only luck that the Church picked her up. No one else did anything to fix her circumstances. It seems like she only has the base skills for that world. That's a pretty extreme circumtstance and leaves you vulnerable to abuse. Especially with the type of extreme class system present where the noble v. commoner setup.

Aggregator gang
So why was she interacting regularly enough with the high nobility and royalty that both a prince and duke knew her name? I recall it being pointed out that she was in a lesser temple so that would not be the goto temple for the important people. I understand her power is high but I still find it weird after reading a lot of these kinds of stories for someone with no connection to even minor nobles to be in these situation.

Other than that, I find her really funny.

Users who are viewing this thread