A Manga World That Gets One Page Once a Year - Ch. 6 - 2024

Dex-chan lover
... did the author really write "the English TL" line or an I just that gullible?
Not really. The thing is that the japanese version never used gendered pronoun, but it's harder to do it in english.
The original text say something like "you never used gendered pronoun" which wouldn't work here.

I find the joke okay.
It was either that of they'd have to retranslate six years of chapters...

Dex-chan lover
Bro how dare you end a yearly chapter with a cliff hanger, that's evil

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say it's messing, just an adaptation. The original joke relies on the character having never used a first-person pronoun like Watashi/Boku/Ore, but that would be hard to explain without a long footnote (which would be hard to fit ina single page), so I think this is a fair compromise.
Even though this manga is one big fourth wall break, it would have been better for the line to only comment on her being called a "Lord" rather than specifically bring up that the English TL was doing it. Making it look like the author acknowledged the TL when he didn't is a bad choice.

Dex-chan lover
Author really got us there.

Can't believe it's 6th year already. I still remember joking about that the author would forgot this the following year, which is wrong.

But the author must be really love those well-designed one-time-use demons. It's already two years and them still being mentioned.

Dex-chan lover
the fact that this is actually a yearly manga is the reason that these jokes work and I love it.

Dex-chan lover
The greatest cliffhanger of the last 6 years strikes again

Goddamn

Users who are viewing this thread