A-Rank Boukensha no Slow Life - Vol. 6 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
This chapter's events are quite rare in manga, never mind general storytelling: usually it's the man that's pressured/tested/probed by his girl's parents (at most, those parents prove troublesome for both).

Looks like it's time for the child making seggs. I know this is slice of life but I hope it starts more exploring the side characters more and/or plot cause it's starting to get stale at this point.

I'm perfectly fine with the story focusing primarily on Aldo and Flora. The vast majority of manga out there focus on characters like that ugly "tomboy" (Aisha--had to go back into the chapter for that) or other kinds of flatchests, like lolis--and play them up as ideal, while actually and patently appealing and beautiful (that is, to guys whose libidos aren't corrupted) girls like Flora end up sidelined (and, frequently, demonized in various ways) for that purpose. They always end up losing in romance, as if to push the idea that those flatchests are ideal (and that busty girls are inherently inferior--not to mention immoral, as mangaka usually don't fail to fixate on their busts despite the aforementioned negative characterization).

It's an extreme example, but Mone-san no Majimesugiru Tsukiaikata is one manga that could have gone its entire length (only about eighty chapters) without giving much attention to its side characters. Perhaps due to executive influence, it did the exact opposite--and thus the manga became garbage despite its top-tier heroine (who doesn't show up anywhere near as much as the side characters--despite her name being in the title).

Side characters can just stay side characters--they can provide extra detail to the story from their subordinate position. This is also a sweet and wholesome story about a "slow life", as the title says; random conflict doesn't need to be thrown in for novelty's sake (and authors go ludicrously far for that purpose).

Last edited:
ok so i know this is random but do you need to or is it normal to peel Figs??? i allways eat them with everything

Dex-chan lover
ok so i know this is random but do you need to or is it normal to peel Figs??? i allways eat them with everything

Before reading your comment, I thought they were a fictional fruit. You learn something new everyday truly

Dex-chan lover
Before reading your comment, I thought they were a fictional fruit. You learn something new everyday truly
not only are they real, but figs usually each contain the gooey remnants of a dead wasp. And they're delicious.
Figs can be eaten either way, I personally like the skins. I think that some people have some kind of allergic reaction to the skin specifically though.

Ohhh I like this one, an Isekai without mc fussing over rice and soy sauce!
they have rice here but it’s not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread