I Left my A-Rank Party to Help My Former Students Reach the Dungeon Depths! - Ch. 65 - Death Throes

Dex-chan lover
Pretty gruesome deaths the story just showed compared to the earlier chapters even the artist's details of it. Not saying they didn't deserve it but wasn't something I pictured besides them getting stabbed or maimed somewhere. Jamie succumbed tot he pressure so ya she did screw up but at least she did what was right in the end so hopefully we'll see her again. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Fellow readers, Y'know the old adage "be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it,"? Well, congrats, Simon and co. got what was coming to them. But I think maybe this was a bit too gruesome than what I was expecting...

Dex-chan lover
It was pretty funny seeing all the comments last chapter saying he should’ve suffered

I think we can all agree that him and his party have suffered enough
they need to suffer more tbh... they had way more than a second chance at things. Jamie has circumstances sure but from what i know from reading honestly jamie is that one char in the "hero" group in these manga where they at least have doubts about the dishonest treatment.

Dex-chan lover
Fellow readers, Y'know the old adage "be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it,"? Well, congrats, Simon and co. got what was coming to them. But I think maybe this was a bit too gruesome than what I was expecting...
This is the internet. So the only logical response is that the remaining 200 chapters or so are about how Simon and co. meet their fate.

But on a more serious discussion: The inconsistent styles make me hesitate to recommend this series to people frankly.
On one hand it's fluffy, and the other there's sudden bouts of violent melancholy. One caters to people that need to find an escape with nothing to cause conflict. "Yay, the hero gets the girl. And that girl. And that girl. And everyone is just fine with it despite no other character having that situation."
The other caters to people that found out the world doesn't work the way they wanted it to, but are too invested in it to change. The ones that show up to work because money is good and money lets them buy stuff that makes them forget about work.

Add that the cadence of things boils down to "adorable interactions with someone plainly not human but we'll project his humanity because there's not much otherwise... Oh, and we're gonna show the other side of the coin, the dirty human side of it, in a way that's guaranteed to generate sympathy for an otherwise idyllic MC."

It doesn't really have a push or hook once Simon isn't being an asshole and Yoke just taking it. He gets the girl(s), so now what? He doesn't even make the decision that ultimately gets Simon and co. killed: Jamie makes it for him. Although, I have to say in this title's defense most "dubious-zero-to-hero" mangas gloss over the "former hero" archetypal character. This one paints a complete person. Simon eats, he sees what's going on, he's shown socializing and reforming a party, he plots, and he rages. In the end he has motivation that compels him even if no one else agrees and isn't just the generic douche bag that gets brought up between even more generic dungeon bads.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, this chapter is kinda shit. I have no shred of pity for this "party" but...

After 60 chapters of FeelsGood fluffy manga, a sudden descent into guro and rape and violence feels very jarring. This is not how the manga was up to this point.

I don't know, it feels gratuitous and out of place. As if the author suddenly decided to show us some guts and blood and rape to get some more sales or something.

And yes, this manga was never really good or anything, the MC for example is a no-presence doormat who just... happens to get girls and fame and success and whatever. Very much a wish-fulfillment thing. But the sudden guro and rape does not make the manga better in the slightest...

Users who are viewing this thread