A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 1 Ch. 45

orp

Can we take a break from the stupid drama in the comments to apprecite how the checkmate in the chapter itself isn't actually a checkmate, lol. Not to mention, any semi-competent player would surrender many turns before their position would get this bad.

Dex-chan lover
@orp it’s a checkmate at the next turn though with him being able to move the bishope again after the rook. Using the rule that pawns give one extra turn.

orp

@greatninja3
I'm not sure that's how the supply line rule is supposed to work. And the king could avoid it by moving in the opposite direction (which exactly, depends on that rule actually nevermind, I looked again and I don't think there's any plausible version of the supply line rule that would lead to a checkmate in one turn if the king simply moves to the right; but the rook's double move will get him in the next white turn). Either way, that still makes it a check, not a checkmate.

Dex-chan lover
The day when the gate opens doesn't seem so sinister now though. And he got more than he needed now.
Why the hell did you sell that brilliant idea? It has gone to a great man though.

just to point out, this is not checkmate. the king can move left or right.
IqEAvoX.png

Can we take a break from the stupid drama in the comments to apprecite how the checkmate in the chapter itself isn't actually a checkmate, lol. Not to mention, any semi-competent player would surrender many turns before their position would get this bad.
fr, even then a semi competent player wouldnt get the situation this bad or leave the king on line 1 to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread