A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 2 Ch. 124

Double-page supporter
Oh now we wait, time to go into hibernation till a new chapter comes out. See ya.

@DGbr3w he gets together with adjest in the novel?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
After they crash into the desert and they shows the power lines makes me think of the opening of FFXV

I wonder why can't they use the same gliding skill introduced in Desir's very first exam.

@weisst cause its dangerous and impractical , since you loose your friction when you use grease on yourself it mean you'll also loose on how to stop. meaning the only way you can stop is when you slow down

oh, electricity poles, so we're going with that setting huh? the "former modern world made post-apocaliptic-bajillion-years-later fantasy world"

@Araxis
Artemis systems is the artificial intelligence created by the very ancient highly developed civilization. It had two main features - create shadow worlds and rewrite the history. If you could successfully clear up the shadow world, the current timeline - where you live - also changes to the better. Imagine like having the ability to prevent WW1 and live in the world where it did not happen. Artemis - being AI - analyzed the history events and provided suggestions to the people about which event should be changed to have a better future. And the ancients used it to correct the mistakes of the past.

However their civilization collapsed under the invasion of the ancient dragon Boromir, ancient demon Dadenewt, ancient beast (we haven't see it yet in manhwa I think) etc. Various entities invaded them. And the system could not come up with the change that can be done in the past to prevent that. During the invasion Artemis system was damaged and lost the ability to change the current timeline by applying the changes done in the Shadow World. However it retained the functionality to create the shadow worlds, so it uncontrollably continued analyzing the history and creating shadow worlds that needed to be cleared to correct the past mistakes. But humans cannot change the present anymore.

What Priscilla wants to achieve is basically to create a world without suffering and pain using Artemis system - she hid the ability to restore machines (people believed that she could only heal but in fact he could even restore even damaged devices, tools, ships etc.) - so she wants to use it to restore the damaged functionality of Artemis system and become something akin Goddess that would lead the humanity to a better future. Basically she wants something like Infinite Tsukuyomi from Naruto.

Well, basically that's it in the latest translated chapters.

I haven't read the novel but at the start of manga it was clearly mentioned Romantica was Desir's lover in his previous life, so i had automatically accepted them as couple. So him ending with Adjest seems uncanny to me. Him betraying his previous lover and getting off with some other chick seems quiet unsettling for a shouen hero. Romantica X Desir seems like a good couple. I dont know why people are opposed to them being together. \0.0/

Dex-chan lover
@Kishiko_Hoshi She has a particular character archetype that a lot of people are sick to death of at this point because it's overused and frequently just plain unpleasant. She's not really that bad overall, relatively speaking, but even with me saying that, I still greatly prefer almost anyone else over her.

so since the artist is going to be changing things, I'd like to know where this is in the webnovel so I can move.

Dex-chan lover
@Kishiko_Hoshi chapter 1 also mentioned lovers not lover. He probably had more than 1.
The other one prob being Ronde, I bet our boy likes them wild.
That said I am team Romantica, she is the only one where I don't feel there is a weird power imbalance in the relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread