A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 3 Ch. 134

It was another scanlation team's tl, they don't upload to md, but some random guy uploaded theirs and it got deleted soon afterwards. (As I know it)

That Colonel is just a paunch away from being a UB in that last image...

@cloudstrifer: I think they changed some of the wording? Desir originally said "a great pair" instead of "synergize" to Pram when sneaking, which I thought was better.

Dex-chan lover
Uh, wasn't there this whole "aura" thingy that great swordsmen could do that allowed them to slice magic and thus fight magicians?
And it even had some sort of manifestation ability

Dex-chan lover
@BananowyJE

Its possible this takes place in a time period before they knew know to do that.
So swordsman are effectively just "swinging sharp metal sticks around"

But yeah, there is a reason magic swordsman like Adjest and the MC are better then regular mages in the current timeline.
Being able to do well in both close and long range combat makes you a pretty scary opponent.

the thing that i never got to understand is the fact that MC seems very unaware of what is to happen. there is very little from the plot "this will happen, so lets do exactly this".
for someone who came back in time, i though he would at least have guesses about what is to come. but i often find myself thinking he isn't even a reincarnator.
and adding to the general lack of info he seems to have, there is also the fact that those extra enemies appeared out of nowhere (they were there, but now are way more active), building up some differences between the worlds.
the only thing that going back in time gave MC was his "talent". so if you take him and gave the MC position to someone more naturally talented, it is almost the same story.
and that is kind weird. also note that, one can argue that he has a bigger sense of urgency, but anyone with a sense for politics/wareness would have the same sense of urgency if they were not nobles like MC.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal
Yeah, maybe. But it's strange that best boi Pram didn't mention it to the commander guy since they were sparring so much every day and Pram was trying to master it since the first shadow world. I would even say that it's VERY strange that Pram didn't ask him about it since

@moonlight00
The most important thing is how he was treated in the previous "life". As a bottom tier mage in already fucked up B-course he only had second-hand stories about shadow worlds and items they rewarded. He also didn't have any high-position colleagues so he only knew about important events after the fact, probably from newspapers or the tablet thingy.
And his very first action of stopping the robbery at the tower of magic (or whatever it was called) fucked up the timeline immensely.
The prime example was the appearance of that demon in Romanticas home town.
That's why by now most of his future-knowledge is quite useless and he has to guess so much.
At the same time he's much better power-wise since he got some nice artefacts, his teammates gained powers much earlier compared to the previous life, Zodd created the super useful barrier thingy, countries got the peace agreement etc. etc.
Basically the worst thing is how the evil faction had to start their plan much earlier since it seems like in the previous cycle their plan went very smoothly behind the scenes or they didn't even start it when the first shadow world hit.

Dex-chan lover
Noooo.
The asshole new character that was introduced in the story for the sake of being an antagonist is the antagonist?
What a twist!

I stopped reading for like 6 chapters in hopes that binge reading this arc would make it more palatable. It didn't. I just need a lot more context for what is happening to care - it feels very much like we're hearing about a side-story to the main 'save the world' story that really could have been condensed to a flashback or something instead of wasting our time actually reading about it. I just can't bring myself to care about any of it and hope they go back to the main story soon.

Dex-chan lover
What's that small untranslated exchange between Romantica and Pram? And then there's two cases of untranslated text next to Desir when he worked as an assistant.

Double-page supporter
how many joints do romantica's slenderman fingers have in this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread