A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

Dex-chan lover
Most of the reason why people are pissed is "oh noes what if meraki stopped translating this", like really? Are you guys really this desperate for a translation?

@Kiriha this is not a paid job for anyone and everyone is human like you.
Most translators will focus on other fiction they enjoy if they found out others already doing the hard work of translating, cleaning, drawing and editing it.

If the new guy can be trusted to be willing to maintain the quality of the previous translator team or even exceed it, most readers here are selfish enough not to complain much even though it is generally unpleasant to have someone suddenly replacing you at something without any notice given.

Well, both version are already up on this site, so you be the judge of above.

Dex-chan lover
@cofi023 thanks!

@kiriha no need to be demeaning, it's a legitimate concern about sniping as there are past examples. Furthermore, there was absolutely no reason to snipe so it's better to complain about it to show disapproval.

Dex-chan lover
wow, apparently there are 45 chapters in the raw and meraki just did like 5 chapters in one day o_o As excited as i am for these fast releases, it's still gonna be sad when the rush is all over.
Anyway, thanks meraki! You guys are the best!

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't sure at first but this is turning into a great read. Generally enjoyable and even mob characters have a bit of depth to them

Woah, people are still crying about that no group translation eh?
Regardless thanks for the work Merakiscans on this and solo leveling as well.

Dex-chan lover
@TOMATOREADER the raw link is here on this website under Links. https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=51185123

Only 41 can be seen for free. I think you need a kakao account to see all 45. But yeah, meraki already finished chapter 43 so be patient!

if the releasing group is asking to delay the following chapter then why do you let an another group releasing it?
and we the readers end up having to jump 1 chapter in order to follow the story

Dex-chan lover
I really can't wait to see how the MC is going to explain how he has sensitive information about a group of terrorists.
No, really. The MC has pulled the "It doesn't matter why or how, just listen to me" trick too many times now. This is on a level in which officials have put the lives of other people in his hands, and I want to see what sort of an excuse the author has thought up, because I sure as hell can't think of any.

EDIT:
Having read chap 43, it seems like nobody is going to persecute the MC and gang, a bunch of "commoner" teens, for knowing all about an attack made by a terrorist group. Nobody seems to suspect them, or hold them in question. Nothing is explained as to how the MC was even able to convince anyone to give him 100% full access to the gem, a teenager. I feel like I can just go in loops, but this is officially where the story has hit the shit for me. This is too much.
I can get that if he's from the future, he has knowledge of future events, and has more techniques than a teenager normally would. But that doesn't mean the common sense of everyone around him gets warped to his convenience. Let's say they actually believe him, why would they let a random teenager take part in an extremely sensitive security mission? Maybe the info is true, but is the MC trust worthy? Maybe he's a fellow terrorist. Go figure.
This is just shitty story telling, and if it'd be revealed that people actually *did* suspect him, but they "remained in the shadows until now", it'd be even worse. That'd be the author trying to justify that sort of nonsense post-facto, without actually making any sense out of it.

If the story actually focused on the shadow-world, maybe it'd be less prone to these sort of dumb, deus-ex-machina mistakes. And unless the author is going to prove me wrong literally in the next chapter, this is how the comic wants to be written. Relieve-the-past stories almost always go to shit at some point, and I've hit my mark.
Toodles.

@Solipsist
I gave up on the storytelling when he pulled out Pram's sword right inside of the shady merchant's shop. The author is making his characters take dumb, borderline retarded actions just to move to story forward.
Sticking around for the full coloured action but even that is getting stale when the MC just "analyses" spells without any real details, unlike Mahouka which has some similarities.
Started off good and intriguing but it's starting to come undone the more chapters get released.

Dex-chan lover
@ShiningMeow
Pretty much. I am usually able to ignore almost anything negative, and at least focus on the action and movements in these sort of stories. Heck, even the characters are usually likable enough. But this time around, the main focus is talk-no-jutsu and status-wars with nonsensical resolutions to them all. Meh.

Users who are viewing this thread