A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

@Christopher
Jack of all trades if done poorly; a swordsman and a magic swordsman in theory should be able to get the same amount of practice hours but can multi task strengthening magic during physical training. But yeah it would make sense that a magic swordsman should lose in a battle of pure casting training, but she's the strongest sooo... That said; the idea that mages are weaker probably stems from the idea that to study magic requires them to be homebody for large duration's cramming books, which a magic swordsman technically should be in the same boat.

Uhhh don't snipe from meraki tgey are delivering well for daily uploads...
Sure you are absolutely right but what is the harm in him doing another chapter a day early?

The only argument I can see for sniping is
1) It steals views to their site.
2) Inadequate consistency between chapters.
One is monetary and the second is per reader discretion, something they can deal with by just waiting for meraki. The only downside is if Meraki decides to skip the chapter since it got sniped; then it's a fault on the reader.

Meraki is one of the few I just don't see any reason to snipe from. They consistently put the chapters up and try to catch up with the raws every time. Focus your skills elsewhere, some excellent manga have been dropped by translation groups.

Just where in the world, can i read this novel??.... Novelupdate tell me that the prologue is the only one translated. Even if i have to google-translate it where can i read it?

Fed-Kun's army
I don't mind delayed releases on here, but what's up with me being able to read chapter 36 AND 39, but I have to wait 14 hours to reach the chapters in between?

I’m super fucking worried about this one. The art is great and I’m loving the story so far but I’m worried it’s going to get mired down in the mud wasting time on the duality of noble and commoner and the strife the two sides endure, real or imagined. Is there a novel that this is coming from? Does anyone know how the story runs? The scenery of Desir’s hellacious past juxtaposed against the familiarity of his clean student chair and clothes is fantastic and I desperately want more of that, more of his lessons and of beta students being strengthened for the coming fight but I’m almost certain we will have to slog through story arc after story arc of this bitchy noble and that bitchy professor and whatever conniving scheme they come up with to undermine Desir. Is working his way uphill through the academy really his only way to prepare others for the shadow?

Aggregator gang
oh, I thought no-group is assosiated with a group who snipe a series from bad and scummy scanlation group, is meraki bad now?

@humbleoverlord People are probably just salty that they are withholding the chapters here while they are uploaded on their site. We all get why they do this but some people feel the need to shove it in their faces lol that somehow MangaDex deserves priority.

Does meraki own the legal rights to be the exclusive group scanlating this manga? If they do not own those exclusive rights there is no argument as to "sniping" anyone has as much "right" to scanlate regardless of how many fans any one group has. If they do, then they should put effort into contacting the sites to get uncertified uploads blocked.

Aggregator gang
@Geldedstallion
It's not about legal or illegal, it's about common courtesy.

In the past, something like this happen a lot. A certain series is regularly translated by group A, a dedicated translation group, but suddenly group B, a random group (or sometime, a single person), translated the same series. Because of this, the reader is diverted to group B translation, and because group B always release earlier (a group that just started translating always have more speed, at first at least), group A lost a large amount of reader. Then Group A decided to stop translating this series, what the point of translating the same series twice, right?

It sound good a this point, but then problem occurred. Because the group B is not as well established as group A, after a few week, they faltered, they got bored etc, they no longer release regularly and finally stopped all together. Congratulation, now the series didn't have translator, and because group A already moved to translating another series, the series stay untranslated for a few month, if not years (depending on the popularity of the series), until other group pick it up.

This is why, unless there is a problem with the current group, sniping a series is almost always frowned in translation community.

@humbleoverlord
Common courtesy is colloquially imagined societal rules. Some social circles believe that in terms of being an infraction of common courtesy trying to restrict someone's artistic expression is much worse than someone trying to sell a painted picture of a field of flowers just because another artist was already selling paintings of that same field. As long as the new paintings were made of the field and not made from the other artists painting nothing would be wrong legally, morally or ethically.

In our case however on Mangadex they are not selling the paintings only showing them which touches the viewership on this shared release platform. Meraki scans has a private site they release on and they advertise that release on this site before releasing their personal interpretation here. The argument here is that it is wrong to release your own interpretation on a platform just because some advertiser has an ad up on that site for a different site? This is art and using an implied shameful lack of common courtesy does not stop someone's right to express themselves. The only potential problem would be financially and when it comes to financials it is legal not common courtesy.

That being said I will still go to Meraki's site to read their uninterrupted interpretation of the original because I love the quality of their work and the way they express it.

That just does not exclude anyone else from having the legal, moral or ethical right to also explore, express and share their interpretations. The imagined ownership/ right boundaries do more harm than good.

Now to the financial side. Monetary aspects are almost exclusively legal so since this is not about the legal i will only touch briefly. If you are doing scanlations for a living, pay the money and do the work to get licensing to do it exclusively or accept there may be some rough competition which is part of a free market.

edit: I have been told by someone I think is from Meraki that this Filipe guy is from another group and not Meraki. Well what I decided doesn't change but I want to make it clear that this weirdo guy commenting isn't actually in Meraki. Thanks for the correction.

After this really poor reaction from Meraki I have dropped my intention to do 41. It is a shame but did not expect them to do all these petty conspiracy theories and comments which make them look bad to their supporters including myself. So I don't want to deal with them. I was hoping you would skip the chapter I did or ask to use my work as a base with no compensation but crediting my reddit but instead you all do this. I was a solo translator. This conspiracy accusation and derailing threads is rude and makes you look poor. And of course I would make new accounts to post translations since it is a grey area to post but not to read and comment about. It took me maybe 4-5 hours which is not surprising I feel. You can believe it was some jealous scanlator group if you want, it only hurts your trust in the community to fantasize about enemies in your competition not me. Idk what to say other than thank you for chapter 40 which I will go read right now

@Filipe I don't really care anymore how you react but I will say this. If you believe this was someone else you know and blame or attack them for it you are pathetic and attacking someone not involved at all while also attacking a bored fan who tried scanlating for the first time. It's sad and it will only hurt your group, but you can do what you want I guess.

didnt comment before since world is full of drama bitches
@Swim_North i would love if u picked a dropped manga or one that didnt get any upload recently there are a lot of good mangas dropped that makes me sad waiting for 5 months+ without notice of anyone picking it up

Users who are viewing this thread