A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

at first i thought that guy was insulting the translator then i saw the publisher's name and i was like ..... dam ....

Can someone explain the "Magic Tier Level" Thing to me? They keep talking about it but I honestly don't get where they get the levels from...

Especially when it comes to our MC non of it makes sense. Is the level something you need to have determined with an official exam and our MC is boss-level cause he returned in time and just didn't bother taking the exams necessary? And how do people even tell the tier level of others? The Outsider guessed Romanticas level correctly from her attack. Sounds fine, but then he thinks "a lvl 1 shouldn't be able to do this" about MC after all MC did was hijack his magic circle - which apparently a lvl 1 shouldn't be able to do - so where did he get the idea that he's lvl 1?

Group Leader
I'll answer based on what I can understand, LN readers can reciprocate if they wish...
Can someone explain the "Magic Tier Level" Thing to me? They keep talking about it but I honestly don't get where they get the levels from...
I assume it's just like your social status in that your MTL is determined when you're born and only slowly changes throughout a lifetime.
Especially when it comes to our MC non of it makes sense. Is the level something you need to have determined with an official exam and our MC is boss-level cause he returned in time and just didn't bother taking the exams necessary?
I think it's told that he's passed the exams with the minimal requirement possible, but because of his returning in time he knows how to change MTLs faster than normal.
And how do people even tell the tier level of others?
It's probably publicly announced, exam grades were publicly announced often when I was in high school.

Good to know that 3613 has the the same social division as europe in 4th century AD. Why even bother with teaching the plebs how to use magic if that's how you're going to treat them, lol.

Magic Level tier is probably more closely related to spellcaster level. Tier 1~7 determines the magic strength of the spellcaster, and the higher the caster's tier, the more powerful the spells the person can cast.

Magic Level was described by Desir as ability to create and maintain certain level of Magic Circles. Meaning if you can comprehend complexity of level 6 Magic Circle and you can create it, then you are level 6 Magician.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread