A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

Group Leader
@ZombiesAreNotOkay damn, thanks, hope you enjoy it as much as we do, btw it gets really good at around chapter 8-ish
you in our discord? you read like all our series, i see you in the comments all the time. btw, does this count as isekai? isn't it more like time travel as @SallowLiar said? xD

@Filipeyes more like time travel /fantasy not exacty isekai ,people now see magic =isekai dkw

This is not isekai. It's baffling to me how many people don't understand what is and isn't isekai. Just because it's set in a fantasy world doesn't mean it's isekai. And no, @muttonlambs chapter 1 is also not Isekai. The "shadow world" in this world is more like a different interconnected dimension within their world than a completely different world, and it functions just like a normal dungeon in a typical fantasy story.

It is not an isekai just because the setting has multiple worlds. The isekai genre is defined by having normal earth(possibly science fiction) and fantasy worlds. Just as the fact that a story has a joke in it doesn't make it comedy, or a kiss make it a romance, it is also the case that a fantasy setting with multiple worlds is not isekai.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like "going back in time to prevent certain disaster" is going to be an overused trope in the future cause these stuffs are basically isekais before they were coined isekai.

Since isekai literally means "different world", this story shouldn't be classified as one. Time traveling is a subgenre of sci-fi/fantasy and not of isekai.

Even with the argument of S;G being an isekai which is not wrong, S;G is still at the core a time travel story. Same with the MC here; the world he lives in might involve traveling to different dimensions/worlds and you could make an argument that's what make an isekai, but at the end of the day the time travel is what runs the core of this manwha. The whole point of the story is how is he gonna act now that he is back in time.

Contributor
where is the cliche? from what I've read, there haven't been too many like this?

I don't see how this is an isekai. It's the same kind of plot as Tsukuyote New Saga.

Dex-chan lover
@Booden you easily check it with this (replace japanese specific ones with korean versions):
IdXeIpU.png

@Fuko
>sex

I'd replace that with "Plain looking MC" or "Beta MC" tbh, but that's a pretty good bingo otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread