A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

Double-page supporter
I like this. It's very different from the regular isekai. He's truly feeling grief over his lost years and experiencing nostalgia, without letting it get to him too much. Let's hope it stays like this, but it's looking very promising.

As for the actual isekai-ness;

A) No, it's not isekai, because he didn't go to another, unknown world. He time travelled.
B) Yes, it's isekai. While he may have time travelled, the premise is them fighting in the 'Shadow World', which can be counted as a different world.

A vs. B, FIGHT!

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a pretty standard story setup in a lot of ways, but I'm enjoying a lot of the artistic choices.

The Many-Worlds Interpretation (MWI) of quantum mechanics holds that there are many worlds which exist in parallel at the same space and time as our own. The existence of the other worlds makes it possible to remove randomness and action at a distance from quantum theory and thus from all physics. The ‘many worlds’ interpretation suggests an almost infinite amount of possible worlds.

TL;DR: He didn't travel in the "past". He went in an alternate world/parallel universe. (So isekai tag is quite fine.)

@fourthsheep I think that explanation is a bit of a stretch, since even in the many worlds interpretation spacetime moves "forward" at the same rate, so moving to an "alternate world/parallel universe" would have to put him in a world very near the same time as his own (much like the activation of Okabe Rintarou's Reading Steiner in Steins;Gate). Such a movement shouldn't violate causality (i.e., no faster-than-light travel), whereas moving back as much as 13 years would require performing something akin to a time leap and violating causality.

Besides, isekai generally involves the protag moving to a different world than his own and leveraging some unique knowledge or skills not native to the new world. Given that Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja https://mangadex.org/title/21901/sh...sara-ni-tsuyokunaru-tame-ni-tensei-shimashita doesn't have an Isekai tag and features an OP protag who travels forward in time within the same world and leverages his "cheat"-like knowledge, I think it would make sense to remove the Isekai tag here as well.

TL;DR: Isekai carries the connotation of the protag moving to a different world than his/her own, which this protag does not. Given that other similar stories don't carry the Isekai tag, this one shouldn't either.

Aggregator gang
woohoo its a "back to the past-rean" story
haven't read one in a very long while

Not OP upon return. Just kept his experiences. Looking pretty good so far unless he suddenly starts being truly OP.

Dex-chan lover
A MC that is weak but very smart?
It will be a nice change of pace.

This looks waaaaaaaaaay too promising. I fear for how it could be messed up. Although it can also become amazing beyond belief.

@nomnomsky.
Romance is very little. Romance is more of a Side Genre.
Like a bit here and there. Nothing major as far as i know.

Users who are viewing this thread