A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

@leyuen Leviatan Scans actively does this series over at [link removed, they don't want traffic from here] they just chose to take down their work from mangadex for some reason. They're up to chapter 101, so go check it out.

People say that their sites are full of ads, but my "software" makes sure the ads are non-invasive and allow me to just read the manga and ignore all the other bullshit.

@Parallax9 yes, from the scan team just take a look at the comment from Massmada265, he did give a link to read it if you want
(2 comments under yours)

it's annoying when all my fav manga/comic/manhwa are all over the place and not on 1 site, please just upload it here, if not then just put the chap and direct it on the original translation site

Just read the first few chapters, and I felt strongly enough to comment. This was such utter and complete, absolute shit. The stock harem elements are in ridiculous force. Male characters other than the MC are introduced only to be swiftly removed from any future developments. They're given as little personality and as much reason for you to hate them as possible for what little screen time they have. Any that stick around long enough to have anything about them explained are clearly antagonists. Meanwhile, super annoying female characters, who often have the exact same character flaws, are literally given as much opportunity to develop and grow as possible. That's what this entire series is about; personal growth and trying to surpass past expectations. And yet, this is such complete garbage because it's clear how that's done - the most shallow way. Even the non-students follow this pattern. Guess who the "good" adults are and who the "evil" adults are?

That's not even getting into the other troves of cliches like the commoner/noble discrimination. It isn't even well-done; this is just shallow as hell as well.

Mind you that that's the first few chapters only. I can't stomach more of this crap.

@firelight Huh? I meant to post it here. It's my overall impression of this series and a general review of it. It's not specific to any particular chapter as I'm pretty sure the problems would continue throughout the entire series.

Dex-chan lover
@firelight What happened?
@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv I suggest you keep on reading. I did, and the story focuses almost entirely on world building and character development, no the usual harem tropes. It's been interesting to me so far, so maybe you will not regret giving it a second chance.

@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv

I can't believe I've found someone more impatient than me when it comes to reading lmao. I do slightly agree with some of your frustrations, but from a person that has read up to the most current chapter, not a single time has the MC wooed or been wooed by someone else. So, very far from the generic harem trope.

Why is everyone following that wth there are no vhapters if you like reading it go on another site I mean???

@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv wow, harsh remarks for someone who clearly didnt even read the tags, theres no harem in this story (at least until now), and from the 4 main characters, 2 are male, and the trustworth adult friend, is also male.

So yeah, you are very wrong
There is 1 (one) subplot of romantic interest and the guy is very much aware of it, but as of yet, nothing has happened so not even romance tag.

If you had spent half the time you spent writing that comment reading the manga, you would have passed the chapter where the female was introduced, as apparently, thats were you stopped reading

Where's all the chapters? I just remembered this series, and I thought it hadn't updated in a while, so I had to see if I even had set it to reading. Why are there only two? If I need to read it somewhere else, where should I do this?

Users who are viewing this thread