A rule against Scamlation [Rejected, unclear]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Hello,
I think most here are aware of Comicdom and their past actions, namely their strategy of releasing low quality chapters from series's and trying to trick people into paying them for further releases, with some reports saying they have run away with the money before and other scummy things.
Honestly, I'm not sure why that shit should be allowed, but on my skim of the rules, there isn't actually a rule prohibiting that behaviour.
So, in order to make sure Mangadex isn't used for scammers in the future, I propose the following rule, perhaps as an expansion of Rule 1.8:
"Withholding chapters in exchange for monetary value is completely forbidden"

Dex-chan lover
As far as I'm aware, none of their chapters are paywalled, and they don't withold access to any of their chapters, so the rule you're suggesting wouldn't even apply here.
They are known scammers though?
And they are withholding chapters, according to their own words "We won't translate unless we get money"(Note that they have been observed to also delete the chapters anyways even after getting paid.
Like, that behaviour alone should be nipped in the bud entirely, not to mention Comicdom and similar groups completely banned from this site.

Dex-chan lover
that behaviour alone should be nipped in the bud entirely

Aren't you late for like... 5+ years?
Just for example - LHTrans is well known for hoarding translated chapters while begging for donations and it was never problem.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
They are known scammers though?
And they are withholding chapters, according to their own words "We won't translate unless we get money"(Note that they have been observed to also delete the chapters anyways even after getting paid.
Like, that behaviour alone should be nipped in the bud entirely, not to mention Comicdom and similar groups completely banned from this site.
How are they scammers? Asking for money to release chapters isn't scamming, and they're releasing the chapters for everyone to read instead of only to people who donate, so they're not witholding chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread