A Silent Country - Oneshot

Group Leader
@Axkmint this manga come from japan, maybe author see humanity activist (if dont like it called SJW) in his country like these. so....

Dex-chan lover
Absolutely based manga.
Now if only real life could have such a happy ending. Alas.

Dex-chan lover
That was really good. I'm glad it had a happy ending, though, since it was pretty depressing.

Here is what happens when sjw try to mess with things they don't understand

Dex-chan lover
I'm a fan of Avogado6's work, although morbid sometimes he/she always brings some good material for debate.

Fed-Kun's army
The main reason a Country of Silence could even be formed is the existence of a market they could gain leverage in (the mandrakes that literally kill the non-deaf) without much competition. Without a way to gain unique power, the "less able" as perceived by the brainless masses will always be considered by them as inferior.

Dex-chan lover
Hope the country gets destroyed by the lack of mandrake juice though(medicine)

Man, there's a lot of bad faith and delusional commentary in this manga.

I doubt the Japanese actually use the rhetoric of equality and discrimination to marginalize certain groups of people in Japanese society (reverse racism notwithstanding, but even then the person it's alleged was discriminated against is usually the majority race for reverse racism). Actually, I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind would say the job the characters have is somehow discrimination. The artist is associating a rhetoric with an ulterior motive that the rhetoric can't sanely support, and that it isn't ever used to support.

Added to all of that is the implication that the disabled equivalent to an ideology of racial nationalism (like the black panthers) is a solution to the problem of discrimination. In a world where all land is under the sovereignty of some nation-state or other, nationalist separatism among marginalized groups will lead to swift suppression rather than sympathy. I would think history has shown the merit of integration over separatism, but apparently there are people in the world that still believe separating people is the best way to make people's lives better.

There's a reason you don't hear people talk about discrimination against disabled people much at all in America. It's called the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA for short), and I would encourage you to look into it. It is arguably the most successful tool yet to remedy discrimination, and I can say as a disabled person that it has only made my life better. I certainly don't fear that "SJWs" will call for the elimination of such a remedy because it is "discriminatory against disabled people." You'd have to be out of your mind to suggest something like that, let alone to call your suggestion social justice.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, what's happening to Japan now? How bad is it for people with a handicap over there?

Also, if anybody is wondering. Here in the Philippines, some companies here hire deaf people to man their food stalls and the government always conduct job training programs to support people with a handicap.

The manga really stinks of a hatred for even benign forms of paternalism. I'll pass, I could use the help honestly. The artist can go on having his characters pull themselves up by their imaginary boot strap of a country.

Dex-chan lover
@melleis
While it’s great that your life has improved with the litigation, it also has the downside of employers not hiring those disabled because they don’t want to be subject to litigation or fines. It’s essentially a good law that has some unfortunate ramifications. And people will find some way to exploit it for their own ends. Like so:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mPzjbXgaVOk

Aggregator gang
I really like this one, simple yet has a strong message it was able to convey. While there are people who are so passionate in making sure that "everyone is equal" and that "everyone is treated fairly", there's this dissonance where in their pursuit to do "good" they end up ignoring the very same people they want to help.
Not to say that striving for ideals is bad, its just that things have nuance and there should be effort done to understand the other parties involved instead of just pushing your purpose onto others because you think its "just".

Aggregator gang
this actually has a somewhat good ending? is this really avogado6? though I'm prone to believe the ending is just an ideal end...

Aggregator gang
@Kino280 The antivaccination platform isn’t activism or social justice, but an ignorant, anti-intellectual hoax that’s been debunked even by the guy who was disbarred for starting it all. There’s nothing beneficial about not receiving vaccines against viruses that were pushed to near extinction by vaccines if you are able to.

Group Leader
This is a true social commentary for activists/politicians that don't know SHIT of what they are doing.

Savage as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread