A Silent Country - Oneshot

Fed-Kun's army
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS? A HAPPY ENDING?!

This kind of theme is what I want to explore in shounen mangas. Tired of seeing stories with the characters that are deaf and it eventually became somewhat a personality or trait. We need more stories about mangaka who can actually empathize with the minorities and tell stories from their lense of view. If it was stretched out enough, this is a real eye-opener for society. The mcs looks cute together ngl. They suit each other and I wonder how they both met each other, or what's their relationship?

this is not about minorities, this is a story about how people Shut doen one's livelyhood over a misconception\

the deaf people here only know how to pick mandrakes, yet people shut down the only thing they know how to do

this can be applied to oil, cars, and others

making and tuneing an gas engine may be something someone is an expert at
but if people shut down the production of these products millions would lose thir current jobs
same here the mobs want to grand stand on the mandrakes without consideration of the people it effects

hell yeah !! a good lesson on why it's important to listen to minorities if you aren't a part of that minority.

but also ,, uh,, it's a bit eugenics-y? really, the whole "make your own country" thing is ... questionable to say the least.
the rest is nice, though.

Oof, can't say I'm surprised how many bigots missed the forest for the trees thinking this was an anti-SJW manga rather than an anti-hypocrisy and anti-reactionary manga. Funnily enough the people reacting like that are literally the people being criticized by the manga.

Last edited:
Oof, can't say I'm surprised how many bigots missed the forest for the trees thinking this was an anti-SJW manga rather than an anti-hypocrisy and anti-reactionary manga. Funnily enough the people reacting like that are literally the people being criticized by the manga.
Those types spend every moment constantly thinking and second-guessing how to "one-up" supposed SJW boogeymen (and when they're not even there, they'll imagine them) and put any media they see under a lens whether hoping it's "based" or not. It's all fucking insufferably annoying, and ironically, it makes them the snowflakes lmao

Users who are viewing this thread