A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 33 - The Passing of Winter (20)

ok the prince is actually already a villain from the start, or even before the start. that flashback tho, it explains a lot.

Wonderful... The prince is a pathological whackjob... Just like most royalty with mommy issues.

Double-page supporter
Why prince gotta be evil?
There didn't really need to be a twist the made him evil tbh, doesn't really add anything but senseless drama.

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh rereading this I JUST noticed the portrait of the princess of Safavid when the prince is talking about candidates for the crown princess
also that the "he" Shuli is talking about when speaking of the past seems to be the king, not the prince...

Oh no is he gonna be one of those entitled characters who think they can have anything they desire because of their status? D:
Anyway WTH DID SOMEONE HIT NORA? 😭

Omfg so Nora’s tense relationship with the Duke and Duchess, is because at the time when he needed them to listen to him and he needed their support, as parents and someone to rely on, THEY DISREGARDED ALL OF THAT AND BELIEVED THE PRINCE. YO YOU CONNIVING LIL BASTARD—

@InfiniteParadox honestly, I get what you mean in some cases. However in this one, i don’t think it’s “senseless.” It explains the reason why Nora has a broken relationship with his parents. It also shows why the prince had this unusual obsession with his mother was because of how he was raised which is part of the reason for his actions. (Not that I’m excusing the things he did at all)

In other words, the prince’s disposition did not come “out of nowhere” but was something he as a character developed. What bothers me in other stories is how they turn some characters to be “evil” without any real reasoning behind it. Seeing how much that happens though, I’ve learned to turn a blind eye to it at least.

@yukieternity I agree with you and the Church that the priority should go to relief. Christmas celebrations can be small with free food mainly and light performances. The issue is symbolically the church has removed support from these celebrations and their intentions are impure. Why else would they bring this up like the week before rather than each of the council meetings leading up to it?

Hmm, maybe the Cardinal is misguided, as opposed to being evil? Idk, but if the budget is tight, then of course the people come before the nobles.

ofc hes manipulative. and afer i thought abt it I dont ship. shes gone thru a loss and hes now showing his colors.

Users who are viewing this thread