A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 34 - Christmas (1)

Dex-chan lover
For a second in the previous chapter I almost liked the church for putting the poor people before the nobility. Oops that cardinal is shady af. Or maybe Shuli needs to prove herself to him and he'll become a strong ally in the future!
Baby Nora T-T don't cryyy

I like this chapter. It showed how women were seen in the past, especially by the extreme religious. Women of calibre or who stand out would be seen as a witch, as a threat to religion, or easily be accused of love affairs.

This cardinal seemed shady and he even commented of the Crown prince's mother. This shows what stance he is going to take throughout the entire story. I doubt he would ever become an ally to shuli.

Aggregator gang
Gahhhh what's wrong my chiiild why u crying TT^TT shuli, please give comfort to iur precious cinnamon buuun

Oh and thank you for translating thiiiis, such a twist on the priest side, is he trying to bring down the empire or something?

Nep

Dex-chan lover
DNora the Explorer is back. Yay. seriously. Fk the priest and the crown prince. Royal pain and Godly pain, the both of them.

Dex-chan lover
@saenahonce yeah, she young. While a good chunk of her trouble comes from being a female head of house in a VERY male-dominated society, the other half comes from her being FREAKING YOUNG. Like criminally young. Part of the child-step momma drama was because she's only a couple years older than Jeremy. (not as bad as that one with the poison obsessed protagonist where one of the concubines had a mother in law that was barely entering puberty, but still not great) And it's probably a large part why Jeremy has the not quite Oedipus thing going on.

Zm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
My baby is crying nooo :C
N he called her NOONA OMGGGGGGG

A couple of things:

1) He says "noona", which you've chosen to translate to "miss", but shouldn't it be "Mrs." as married a woman don't return to being a"miss" when she become widows. She still has his surname after all.

2) She's 16 in this chapter? But she's been married to Johannes for 2 years? So she was 14 when she married him? O.O

In any case, thank you for your hard work!

well,,, for those who have read the major spoiler
regarding the cardinal's obsession about shuli and not getting the vibes here because he seems hostile towards her,,,, just remember that he is hostile towards her because he started having impure thoughts after meeting her. hence, making him view her as something that should be erased so that he can stop sinning. he is an absolute freak, if i must say.

Users who are viewing this thread