A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 34 - Christmas (1)

Double-page supporter
@ IrskUlvehund Yeah, she was 14 when she got married. She's only 2 years older than her oldest step-son, Jeremy

My child, Nora, why are you crying?
I'm glad Shuli is there to hug him

Thank you for the chapter!!

Aww Nora baby (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

Also that cardinal is definitely Frollo in another universe, so creepy.

Aggregator gang
@tachiyumyum damn, by impure thoughts you mean he likes her??? Well beased on the young priest that he was saved by the cardinal when he was young and all of the accomplishments that the cardinal have i guess he try to get rid of her so he still can be look aa the perfect example of priest? Thank you for yhe spoiler tho, i guess at one point did he got jealous bc the crown prince often visit the MC house that's why he mentioned "love affair " lololol just my assumptions tho

I'm my head she wa 16/17 when she married and 19/20 now .... I think I'm gonna tsivk with that 😅

Dex-chan lover
Is this a weird case where the clergy isn't on the same level as the nobility, where basically, they own vast property, levy tithes, and abuse their power over the common people? If so, I guess it would make sense that the Vatican would manipulate the Empire so as to spark a revolution to will upend the authority of the nobility. If not - which seems more likely, given mow much this all lines up with the 17th/18th century Holy Roman Empire - then why? If Richelieu has an idea that revolution is not only possible, but probable, given to how he came at Shuli, does he think she's trying to foment the revolution early or has wind of the Vatican's (or his faction's?) plans for the Empire?

@sylvacoer great analysis! it reminds me of the a certain line in game of thrones, "chaos is not a pit, but a ladder", and how the vatican would not only upend the authority of the empire but gain the authority themselves.

it's ironic considering how the cardinal criticized shuli for her 'arrogance' when they themselves suffer from blatant ignorance

Users who are viewing this thread