A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 34 - Christmas (1)

aigooo this manhwa is really the best in storytelling. aigoo poor nora, I just hope those cardinal does not suspect her as an evil being reincarnated from the late queen/empress. I was kinda shook when Nora addressing Shuli as miss like shouldn't it be madame? then he said noona and I wanna cri huhuhu

I wonder the backstory of Nora, is it really abuse and negligent by his parent, if so that's sad and I understand why Nora behaves like that.

That creepy misogynistic Cardinal needs to keep his nosy ass out of Shuli's business...stay away from Shuli, don't even look in her direction!
It's heartbreaking to see Nora break down like that, I wonder what happened T_T

@hypothon if you want to know why it's contradictory

MAJOR spoilers taken from novelupdates
The cardinal fell in love with her at first sight during her wedding. He tried to forget her but whenever he saw her, the feelings surface and it made him obsessed with her more and more. He one-sidedly believes that she is a demoness as she could affect him so. So he vowed to have her (by forcing her to enter monastery), or no one shall have her at all.

Sometimes the close up shots are so shocking in the way that she’s so young... And then they actually bring it up, 16!!?
All of it, at 16,,,

Aggregator gang
So basically church = bad guys, just like real life and every manga/anime ever!

I'M EXCITED!!!! OH GOD I PROMISED MYSELF THAT I WON'T READ THIS COMIC UNTIL AT LEAST I SAVED 30CHAPTERS OR MORE BUT MY BOREDOM KILLING ME AND I NEED TO READ THIS IN ONE SINGLE HOURS😤 I'M WAITING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE!! FIGHTINGGGGG!!!!✊✨

I didn’t really understand what he was trying to infer by bringing up the first prince and the fact that Shuli knew what would happen if the common people were to pay for Christmas.

Like i don’t get how those two things would be connected.

he brought it up in an asshole way, but honestly in the context, Shuli really is suspicious. The reason she can be so capable and confident is because she has lived a few extra years- the actual 16-year-old Shuli wasn't like this; she become the "Spider Widow" out of resolve and desperation, remember? all the extra stuff about the prince and whatnot really marks him as an antagonist, but he brings to us a good point- Shuli might need to be a little careful.

Side note- there are way too many suspicious people in this series lolol, I enjoy that we got to see Shuli fix her relationships for a while, but I'm glad that the arc has finished and we can finally get into the conspiracy.

@Yourredhead i think he meant to say that she's suspiciously concerned about the royal family - to the point she's willing to use her family's wealth to fund christmas celebration, just so that the nobles won't overexert the poor with tax raises which could lead to riots
so he means to say she's suspiciously worried about the prince and is pointing about their possible relationship

Users who are viewing this thread