A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 35 - Christmas (2)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, saw this coming. The Duke isnt a bad person from what we've seen with his interactions with Shuli, but he's a goddamn shitty father. I always got mad at him everytime he's with Nora, but man, if I didnt want to punch him more than ever here. I feel for Nora. :/

Dex-chan lover
Okay, the dad was a jerk about it, but I do agree that the guards may need some scolding for letting Nora just waltz around the inner palace.

Also, the current empress seems like a textbook example of this church's equivalent of a "Jezebel".

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn. Right when nor drew up courage to confront his father about his feelings.. The dad having been reprimanded by his sister who just happens to be the queen about nor and the crown prince... Talk about bad timing. But the dads reaction couldn't have been worst
Many thanks

Wait
@Hypothon
So you're telling me the duke was in love with the previous empress aka the crown princes mom who looked like Shula and that's the only reason (or one of the main reasons) why he helped her out? ?And that's why he's so hella based for the prince?!?! What the f. The prince also has a mom complex... Wow. The prince and the duke are really alike in this case

The worst feeling in the world is when your own parents don’t listen and trust you and would rather praise and acknowledge another’s child. I’ve felt that before and it’s really disheartening...poor Nora hope he gets his feelings across soon. 😢

Double-page supporter
Yikes this hits too close to home. I know exactly how Nora feels. Also in the raw, doesn't he address Shuli as Unnie? Would it be too awkward to have the translation as big sister? Not criticizing! Just genuinely curious about the the difference of meanings from those 2 word choices

Dex-chan lover
Nora is a good boi. I know too well that there are relationships like these out there and I feel sad every time 😔

Hey @Hypothon, I know you spoiled somethings about the story before but
was it ever explained or hinted at why/how Shuli looks like the first Empress? I mean like is there an actual connection or secret familial relationship between the two characters? Somehow it's a bit off-putting that literally almost all the big men in power are basically tripping over themselves for Shuli just because of whom she resembles and not because of whom she personally is. That type of story trope is really irritating when they don't see her as "Shuri" but as someone who resembles the actual person they really want which is disgusting.

Also, just curious but that cardinal that - ECK YUCK - is lusting after Shuli, is his reasoning behind that sickening desire, possibly because he suspects her as some sort of holy divine being or maybe holds divine powers herself? In the last chapter, he definitely emphasized that she had the confidence beyond that of a 16-year-old, so it makes me wonder if as such a devout religious man that he lusts after her because he sees her as a physical manifestation or a physical symbol of a holy divine woman? You know like, something pure and holy to crave after but forbidden to touch kind of deal?

@unime
Its not the only reason (again, the duke isn't evil but he is being emotionally manipulated/taken advantage of by CP since you know his dead mom is the duke's first love) but yes it does make you think knowing Shuli looks like the previous empress. As for the 2nd part, if I remember the spoilers I read right (and from what we've already seen from Nora's memories), that WILL/MIGHT be the case.

Honestly, makes you think how can the duke patch all this when the CP will inevitably be caught in the future (I don't know how he'll be caught since again I've only speedread and haven't checked for new spoilers on NU but CP will do A LOT more terrible things after the timeskip like attempting to forcibly separate Shuli and the kids. He WILL be successful when he successfully manages to get into Elias's head (since Elias is mentally and emotionally the weakest amongst the siblings), thereby making him a gambling addict and stealing Shuli's money (I do hope no one hates Elias during this event. I mean, we've already seen how the poor boy just doesn't want to be separated/abandoned by the 3rd time)

That's the brightest Nora I've ever seen but then he became gloomy again ._. I hope the Duke listens to him

Users who are viewing this thread