A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 41 - Christmas (8)

Hey, you know what endears you to a mother? Saving her kid! You better step up or she will never forgive you!

For the record, I absolutely do not ship them, I just want to abuse the prince’s questionable interest in her to save a life - sue me! ... though, she will then be beholden to the Prince and he may abuse that “favour”... yuck. There are no good outcomes here. Only the lesser of two evils.

oh no no no no. also a huge thanks to the team for scanlating this, it must be a huge commitment for you guys!

FUCK that was/...... \
damn that was too sudden id didnt even think of it
i mean it didnt even cross my mind
shit too sudden
i guess this is what an exquisite trap really is

It’s clearly been foreshadowed that Prince boi here has a thing for “stealing” parents, I was already iffy bout him but damn, part of me hopes that this wasn’t all planned.

That priest looks suspicious too though, I feel like he knew what was going to happen and was practically pushing Jeremy to hurry putting on his mind that something would happen to Shuli. Then Jeremy got arrested all of sudden. Weird.

oh dammit. But the thing I feel is that the crown prince isn’t going to lift a finger to protect jeremy......

definitely feeling like the prince planned this, maybe not getting jeremy specifically but getting the family in a position where shuli will have to rely on his influence and he can use that as an excuse to get her to dote on him. shuli better wake up and realize how conniving this kid is and stop getting tricked by his pretty face

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

First of all, where did these guards suddenly come from, that was waaay too convenient. Who sent them?
Secondly, how in the ever loving fuck did they jump to the conclusion that this was an assassination attempt when all Jeremy did was punch him? Surely they're not going to fabricate a story about how he tampered with the stairs or something?! And if they do, someone of importance is going to intervene and point out the insanity of these charges, right?
Thirdly and most importantly, since when are guards allowed to judge a person AND decide on their punishment? All they are allowed to do is to arrest someone and then drag them before the proper authorities to be dealt with, in this case the Emperor I suppose, seeing as this matter happened in the Royal Palace, the victim is his son, and the accused is a member of a very high-ranking noble family.
I sincerely hope there'll be a good explanation for this nonsense and the people involved will be disciplined for making these baseless accusations, and that the people conspiring against the Neuschwanstein family who most likely orchestrated this will be exposed and punished appropriately.

@SmithHatt Yes please, let the Prince prove his intelligence and friendship with Jeremy. Although just like you said I'm a bit suspicious of him that he might be involved here and trying to drive Shuli in a corner by making her owe him and lessening her family's status in high society so that she can no longer say no to him....

Thanks for the update!

I think the sudden escalation is because 3rd party, who is that cape man anyway?
there's no way its one of assassin creed brotherhood.

Users who are viewing this thread