A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 46 - Guardian (5)

@NgọcTrai
It's true. They never consummated their marriage. I believe it was because she was a child and he only married her for his children.

Thank You for the chapter <3 <3 <3

In my opinion it would be good to stick with old translators naming :), but I can just get used to the new one :)

& maybe proofread the chapter more. Maybe in orginal language the conversation makes sense, but with english translation not so much :(
Example: "he's trying to annul the marriage to Johannes" . I think it should that Shuli is trying to anunul...

@LordGrimREAP - Are You (Heaven Scan) picking this series up? Or it's only 1-chapter release from Your site?

Confirming that they never consummated does not mean grounds for a divorce but that the marriage was never actually completed and is therefore an invalid marriage.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm very glad a new group is picking up the series, but like many others, I'm finding the translation and changes in names to be very confusing. It was nigh impossible for me to understand what was happening in this chapter, which began in the previous chapter, as well. I would love to continue with this series, but may find it difficult if the translation quality remains poor. The cleanup and redrawing seems pretty decent, though!

Oof. Fortunately I was able to piece together most of what's going on in this chapter from knowledge of previous chapters. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the translator or proof reader had ever read the story before.

Aggregator gang
@RainRainDrop To clarify what's going on: Shuli has brought the Count (Her late husband's best friend and his first wife's brother) a letter written by Johannes (The deceased Marquis, father of Jeremy, Elias, and the twins). She needs his testimony to confirm that the contents of the letter were indeed written by Johannes because she is planning on using the letter to declare an annulment from the Marquis.
I don't know if the manhwa follows the novel to a T, but according to what I read on NamuWiki:
The letter is a confession by Johannes that he never slept with Shuli. He married her knowing that she would protect his children and their fortune when he passes away. Her plan is to annul her marriage from Johannes, declaring that the union was never consummated because (1.) to disprove the accusations of the crappy priest, saying that she is sleeping with her own son because she's a straight up virgin and (2.) She would be forfeiting the title of Marchioness, which means the title would belong to Jeremy, and he would get the clout to have his trial redone because high nobility have different privileges (? Don't hold me to this, my Korean is basic lol).

Either way, the trial is dismissed by the Empress because she's impressed by Shuli's determination to save her family from what she knows is a trumped up charge. Hooray!

@icekatze She got the letter of recommendation and medicine from Lucretia. It might help her get in Lady Reichers' good graces, since Shuli is probably hated for replacing her dead daughter as the current Lady Neuschwanstein. It was just a stroke of luck that Count Reicher decided to grow a spine and help since her formal request to visit before was denied.

I’m just gonna walk in thru the comments like EVERYONE ELSE. I ain’t confused but it’s been to long since an update, and it’s getting complex soooo I need extra HELP 😂🤣😂 THANKS TL ✨✊ for releasing updates

'yohenus' should be johannes, no?
it's unusual to use serif fonts but i actually kinda like it where you used it.

Count reicher seems like such a sad man :( he’s so beautiful tho, his love for gardening is so cute. Ty for the update

thank you for the translation! the other group's notes are really intrusive and take away from reading. they should have made a page at the end explaining things like other noteful translation groups do

I thought the grp who made chapter 45 got the okay from Bucci Gang? Are you guys releasing chapters in alternate order? Ehehe.

Thank you for the chapter though

Users who are viewing this thread