A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 46 - Guardian (5)

Dex-chan lover
This isn't spoilers you just need to follow the previous conversations and understand her plan. In case anyone wants to know wtf she's doing she's trying to get testimony that the dead husband never did nor intended to consummate the marriage. She's using his letters to his friend as proof. If she is successful she can get a divorce since the dead husband was never serious about the marriage. This kicks her out of the family and automatically makes Jeremy the head so he can't be arbitrarily punished by the bitch empress. BTW this means she's a virgin and prime marriage material seeing as she's so capable...

@Lunasnowfall
Go to the novel updates page then go to the novel update forum page for the novel. A lot of people translated the light novel on the down low. You need to go through forum pages to find the chapters, they are posted out of order but they are done.

Its seriously complete so uhh, you're going to get spoiled about everything and it really takes the fun out of the manhwa.

@rkkn

shuli/shuri's visit to lucretia was to get a foot in with the maternal side of the family and state her case on why they should back her plan of divorce to make jeremy the head of the family to escape a death sentence. (in this case Reichers providing testimony that the marriage wasn't consummated)

lucretia had good social credit with the matriarch of the Reicher family (jeremy's grandmother). shuli/shuri traded some property to lucretia as trade to gain some favor with the reicher family. (jeremy's mother's family who sees shuli/shuri as an upstart who took the previous wife's spot. there was no way in hell shuli/shuri could get within 10 feet of the property without good backing.)

the reason why lucretia agreed is because shuli/shuri gave her property of her own and power to manage it which is what she wanted independent from her husband (whom it's implied she doesn't have good relations with anyhow.)

the letter and medicine from lucretia is the cashing in on good social credit, which is a good foot in the door that shuli/shuri needed to make her case. the reason why she is confident that the Reichers would follow through is part cashing in on the social credit lucretia provided along with the medicine for old lady Reicher's condition and the fact that if shuli/shuri succeeds in divorcing then she's no longer the 'upstart position stealing bitch' that the old lady of the Reicher family sees her as.

Double-page supporter
"Elias is a new model of Hermann !" is what I thought when I saw him. Then I scrolled down and Shuli said the same thing.

okay, so when i first read this chapter i had no fucking idea about what was written in the letter, and honestly the translation isn't top notch, so I let it pass, but it is a very important plot point. I've just read the spanish version, which is amazingly translated, and here goes exactly what Johannes writes in the letter:

Dear Hermann,
I write this letter with the desire to express my comprehension
towards the ambivalent feelings felt by the Reicher family,
given the news of the arrival of the lady named Shuli.
Nonetheless, of all the rumors and scandals created by others
none has even an ounce of truth. Contrary to the canards,
especially when it comes to the obligations of a married couple,
I must emphazise, Shuli and I have nothing to be ashamed of.
Although the entire world seems to resent me,
I am sure that you, a true friend,
will ask for my peace in life.

so, the text is broken weirdly because each line is a text-frame. So, yeah. They really botched the letter's translation in english. Peaace.

@Shiny_pikachu, hope it helps.

@blueoddog you da best!

I THOUGHT people were accusing him of an affair after a lady confessed to him and even though the lady was heartbroken he wasn't gonna lie for her. So far off lol

Users who are viewing this thread