A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 59 - Epilogue 3 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (4)

*they are the names of the two guards
*keikaku means plan
*yen is the japanese currency

sorry, it just really took me out of the moment and i laughed

This chapter was so good i was nervous the whole thing
I just can't imagine how devasted the kids will be

Thank you for the translation!!❤️❤️❤️
Nooo, the kids will be devastated to hear this!!! 😭😭😭

@NonstopSong
Honestly I was about to write the same thing. These people are using religion and GOD to justify a evil deed without any actual reason. It’s not like they went to war or they were trying to defend themselves, they just committed murder for their own benefits and that is disgusting.
I also think that a lot of authors thread on dangerous waters when they write a religion so similar to real religions, I mean are we going to pretend that the Pope thing doesn’t remind us of Catholicism?

But I get that it’s fiction but these things can have a lot of brainwash impact especially on people who aren’t very well informed about these religion.

I hope what I’m trying to say makes sense..
just my honest opinion here no hate.

@OrangeLimon

Unless I've followed the spoilers from the novel forum completely wrong, some people did say Shuli's main guard was part of the scheme. Perhaps that changed in the manhwa format.

Also,
The ML, that was working as a sort of soldier at the time, was the one to inform everyone else about Shuli's death. In the novel, her body was cut up to pieces and thrown at various locations. I know this story doesn't show gore, but it would've lead to a pretty strong and interesting reaction if the artist actually drew the scene of Shuli's chopped body in the carriage. It's not just seeing gore, because in this instance we're also reading Shuli's second chance in living, and it must be pretty fucking wild to see from her lively self in the 2nd timeline, to the unshamefully harsh reality of what happened to her in the first timeline. It's like a.. Real kick in the face for the readers if we were to see that.

As far as I could tell, Jeremy and the others were not allowed to see what was left of Shuli's body because of how horrifically graphic it was.

Glad the head guard is not involved... he did seem like a good guy yknow, just too uptight etc

Dex-chan lover
I know we already anticipated this scenario,and reading the actual deal just bring back terrible feels T-T......like damn those people using the name of god with their own stupid shit reasons whatsoever.
I'm glad shuli reincarnated and now has a potential to kick their assess especially that fucking priest.
I hope I kokoro can manage to finish this heavy flashback

brief of what happened all the way til here about why they need to kill shuli

the church needs reason to start a war with safavid (the land where hot tanned princess and her brother prince owns, their religion is different from here) so they can take that land like crusade war. But the emperor and all nobles dont care on this issue so church tried to make shuli's death caused by bandits from different religion. Church believe this way could pour oil on both nobles, emperor and cilvillians.

so, does it has to be shuli, will killing other noble give the same result? Neuschwanstein is the richest noble, regarded by others, the late marquis is the emperor's and duke nurnberg's (Nora's dad) close friend, cardinal also speculates that Jeremy will move (revenge) for his stepmom. That's why killing Shuli effect so much in country's political and war affairs

Apart from that, cardinal's personal reason to bury his own desire on Shuli

anyway, I reread ch. 1 til latest chap again.. when shuli said no one thanks her in past life(in late marquis's feneral day) is a lot more sad than first time I read 😭😭

Dex-chan lover
The church are trying to go medieval papacy
And also the head guard is a useless dog that fail twice piece of shit

this manhwa always sets the right mood with the somber colouring and the expressions that this whole chapter gave me goosebumps. God I love this manhwa so much

Its not only her children that wants to give her a proper thank you and goodbye, but it was also her people.

I was always so excited to read more about what lead to Shuli’s death and what happened after her death, I’m glad we finally got to see more of it

To ppl confused this is just telling us the backstory of what happened in her last life when she died

Since we started the series in her eyes we didn't know what happened behind the scenes before her death like everyone actually wanting to make amends with her before she left for good and the plot to have her murdered

I've been waiting for this chap. I wanna know so bad what happened after Shuli's death and how the kids handled it

Users who are viewing this thread