A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 62 - Epilogue 6 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (7)

I could still hold back my tears throughout their monologue but when I saw the last panel with the pink petal I SOBBED SO HARD

GIVE ME BACK MY TEARS I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE FLUFFINESS FROM THE OTHER CHAPTERS ALL I COULD REMEMBER WAS THE EPILOGUE THE EPILOGUE THE EPILOGUE!!!!

regret and despair huh? what nora said is all true. but I love this cardinal villain, he have a better wit and gut compare to many another villain manhwa. I'm looking forward for another schemes on shully 2nd life.

Yeah it’s not like the dead can forgive you, or notice the times you’ve visited their graves. What matters were the times you’ve been there for them while they were alive

Oh god this hurts. Seeing how twisted Noah became especially breaks my heart. Seeing the kids grief. And how Shuli never saw that they cared. And how she worked so hard for years and never heard a thank you or got a hug. I’m so glad they all got a second chance

The only thing u do while visiting the graves are trampling on grass and dirt

the epilogue arc has made me cry more tears than any other webtoon could EVER!! i'm so fragile whenever this updates

The Chapter - "Very serious and makes people want to cry, talks about grief after death."
The Scan group's notes - "LoL ThEoBaLD."

Sheesus, the epilogue of this manhwa really woke up and chose pain 😭😭

I honestly didn't symphatize with what the Lion children (frick the family name are hard lmao) are feeling. They did contribute to what happened, and harshly speaking, this is just bad karma that they reap after all the things they had done.

On the other hand tho, I do understand why they're like that. They lost their mother early, and no children would want to get their mother replaced so easily (at least in their eyes), with a girl who was not even an adult and is only 2 years older than the oldest child. Then the father who had brought that 'new mother' died too, without explaining anything or even spending his last days with his children. Heck, he didn't even have any last letter or last will for his children, since his official last will is only the one about inheritance (saying Shuli was the one to handle it until Jeremy is an adult)... So yeah the children's actions are really understandable...

Frankly speaking, Shuli's miserable life is all Johanness' (Jeremy's father) fault, and he's lucky it didn't look like that because he's already dead. It didn't matter how many times this manhwa tried to say "Johannes was a good man, a great man in contributing to the kingdom", it doesn't change the fact that he dragged an unrelated, innocent girl to his family and politics problems and sacrifice her so that his children can naively has their innocence as long as they can. I sure think that if it's not for Johanness' idiot 'solution' to his problems Shuli would never have any problems related to the Royal Family and the freaking Church.

I feel like even if the epilogue arc marks the end of the season, it definitely isn’t the end of the series. This arc seems to be fleshing out the antagonists (Cardinal and the church, etc) and also doing some world-building that we wouldn’t have otherwise (like the secret police 1st-timeline Nora’s a part of).
With the knowledge from the first timeline and understanding the situation and the characters better, the next arc/season will be able to hit the ground running and the audience will also kind of know what the Church/antagonists are up to and how current Shuli and co. will ruin their plans

Users who are viewing this thread