A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 62 - Epilogue 6 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (7)

Dex-chan lover
Shit! Every chapter of this arc is heartbreaking... I can't hold of all these feels...

As well as Noah roasting Jeremy...

This timeline is too depressing, i want it to end soon huhuhu
Shuli, please just be happy now, with nora too~~ 😭😭
Cardinal, just fvck off to hell please, you are getting missed there

You guys are absolutely awesome! Thanks for translating this one of a kind beauty! The author should be paid a fortune!

I AM CRYING 😭😭 man this is so sad, the church is EVIL😭😭. and oh my god THE ART!!!! WHY IS IT SO GOOD 😭
THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION 😭

in her previous life and current life, she's both loved by her family. but she just realized it in her second life. i'm so glad she got a second chance in life bcs now she realize that she's never alone T__T

ook

Wait I’m confused so this is what happened to her in an alternate timeline? So she is alive or???? like I think she is but I also want confirmation cause this is breaking my heart KSSKJSHSUSISK

Group Leader
@Thifa novel spoiler in regards to Johannes:
In the novel, Johannes wasnt portrayed this perfectly. He was said to have beaten Shuli so bad she lost memory of it, and was only left with a trauma. Since then she began to be irrationally scared of men. I think in the novel it was also more heavily implied that he picked up Shuli due to her resemblance to the late empress. Anyway I think the manhwa is diving on a different path and trying to whitewash Johannes into a better person than he actually is, but it just doesn’t translate well ig since no decent person would ever do this to a fucking child lmao.

@Thifa
Nah.... what Johannes did was understandable at the time. He was ill and knew that if he dies, the control of the family will go to his greedy relatives and not his children. The family's name is in jeopardy, his children's future are dim, and his only way to successfully buy time for Jeremy to grow up and be of age to inherit the title is to bring in Shuli.

Shuli held no political power, isn't allied to any noble factions, from a lower ranked family, and seems to be honorable which is a win-win for Johannes.

Shuli herself agreed to this terms, but I would imagine she had no idea the magnitude of the situation she was about to jump head first into, and from her POV it was a mutual business agreement. She gets to escape her controlling family and Johannes gets to buy time for Jeremy to grow up.

She even said at one point that they were both using each other, so Shuli definitely knew to an extent what Johannes' intention and expectation of her. So no, Shuli isn't 'an innocent girl' that was dragged into a mess.

Also if hypothetically Johannes didn't offer Shuli to marry him, she would've been forcefully married to a scumbag old man by her controlling mother. Shuli was dealt with shitty cards and chose what was best in the moment. Going with Johannes was the lesser evil that gave her the most freedom and agency away from her mother. No one is to blame in that situation. That's just life, shit happens bruh.

Group Leader
I think it’s alright to resent the kids a bit but to absolutely have no sympathy for them???? They’re literally just kids, and yes including Jeremy. As well as Shuli. It’s a relationship that’s bound to not work. I’m surprised it didn’t turn more terrible than this tbh.

😭😭😭
How dare these children (even Nora) be these regretful when they did not do anything for her when she's still alive in this timeline?? 😭😭😭

Fvck the church!!

Users who are viewing this thread