A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 62 - Epilogue 6 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (7)

The last few chapters have consistently had me in tears. I don't understand how you could be bored of this

i adore the art and story of this manhwa so much, i so badly wish the novel got a translation T___T

@belisandre while i agree that nora falling in love with her immediately is kinda meh (well , this is marked as a romance so love at first sight isnt completely out of place), he was ordered to keep an eye on her and found out that she was only "acting" as a witch, which made her that much more dear to him. it's a bit more complicated than just love at first sight bc there's a whole slew of other emotions other than just "love" (sympathy, loneliness, desperation to name a few) that nora feels for shuli, but yeah. he probably shouldnt be lecturing jeremy but at the same time, he kinda knows better than most people how isolated she felt, esp because none of the kids ever openly said "hey shuli actually we like you". and so she had to keep acting like a witch until the very end.

This is the third time this series made me cry recently with only one chapter! How does it keep bringing so much emotion T^T

do scans teams have a thing for making bald versions of the male characters?

also, adult nora can take everything he wants from me ig

@kooncity Oh, to clarify, I’m actually ecstatic that we’re seeing the story through other character’s eyes because we get to see how Shuli’s death affects the people around her on a micro level. Almost as though we are being told that, “no, Shuli is wrong in thinking she is useless without her title. Even in this timeline when everything went wrong, there are still people who need her”. It also makes me root for everyone’s happiness in the current timeline a little harder.

If there will be a chance at another POV, I’d really love to see the Empress’ weirdly enough. Especially since she’s established herself as integral to Shuli as friend OR foe in the current timeline. I’m not sure if that fits narratively tho lmao.

@belisandre Fortunately what we’re seeing now is “dark Nora” aka the Nora that is deeply traumatized by his personal circumstances and is acting on misguided affection for Shuli resulting from that trauma. Not justifying his actions or anything (because it is pretty fucked up c’mon) but his background explains why we get this warped version of him in this timeline. It makes me kind of excited to see how “current” Nora will turn out—because this Nora’s family still seems to be willing to change for the better and Shuli’s family has started to strike a friendship with him.

In a way, Shuli’s redo has allowed multiple characters an opportunity to turn their lives around too, even if they don’t know it!

Fuck my heart hurts. Not sure if love is the right word there for Nora’s feelings towards Shuli; maybe more like camaraderie or empathy? Especially after he was told to keep an eye on her and he got to know of her more. Everyone on the first timeline was played by the b!tch ass cardinal.

Dex-chan lover
ngl I find this "oh nora loved her in her past life too" stuff to be kinda cringey- I preferred it in the novel, where yeah he spoke to her once at a party and subsequently realized "oh she's probably not like the rumours make her out to be" but that was the extent of his feelings for her, not any of this dulcinea effect nonsense. This whole segment feels really drawn out IMO... the extra chapter of the novel was short but hard-hitting.

thank god this is not the current timeline
once the epilogue chapters are over, we can see how the author will mess up the plans of the cardinal (not the church because I want to believe not everyone is that messed up like him)

this manhwa is just everything. the art is absolutely beautiful and the depth of the characters and how they were all written is amazing too. like you literally feel the despair the children r feeling with shuli’s death in this timeline. almost genius to make the readers attached with their relationship and dynamic in the current timeline and then go back to the old timeline cause it hits 10x harder.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. I just binged this in the last 2 days, and I have to admit... This is a masterpiece of a story, at least so far. It's done everything extremely well.

The one thing it has not done yet, is make me cry. No manga/manhwa/manhua has ever managed that with the single exception of Berserk.

Regardless, 10/10.

As much as I love the epilogue chapters, I'm eager to get back to the present timeline to read how everyone is gonna beat ts out of the church🔥

this is just too goooddddd
ahhhh the past life is sooo sad and painful :'(((((((( tearssss
but im super glad the current life is very very different where they all can (they must >o<) be happy (especially jeremy so needa annul that ohara girl cuz she's poop) and shuli + nora together cuz fate (tho lowkey shipping jeremy and shuli whoops)
plus the church must be annihilated cuz they are super huge hypocrites tsk tsk

Double-page supporter
MY HEAAAAAART. I honestly can't deal with this. How much she loved them and how much they loved her and that NONE OF THEM EVER FULLY KNEW.

I'M CRYING.

Thanks for the chapters!

Users who are viewing this thread