A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 62 - Epilogue 6 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (7)

I haven't read this in a few months and came back for random spoilers
And I'm just
Wow
I want this angst
Adult Nora!

Imma go catch up to things

Fed-Kun's army
@anime06
I am not defending the kids and their behavior in any way but I kind of understand them.
Imagine your mother dies and you father goes ahead and brings home a girl, not even an adult woman, to sort of replace her. I don't think any sane child would be like, " Oh great! New young mom, lets go!!" ... NO.
The kids were never explained why Shulli was chosen to be the new lady of the house. The kids were confused and angry, and what do kids do when they don't like someone? Prank them. Even if they liked her, it would not be easy for them to accept her right off the bat.

I'm sorry if all this made no sense. I'm not good at wording my thoughts.😅
i think thats why its so bitter, bc so many circumstances are understandable yet these r still consequences of their own actions. they, who have never extended basic empathy or understanding to her, realized that, which speaks a lot

also, keep in mind this shuli is only two years older than the oldest son. theyre not just kids anymore. they didnt just lose their dad and mom. and even if they were kids, kids have awareness too. but they chose to use their trauma of losing their family to make sure their new one felt like they didnt have family too.

those r grown adults/teens, one ready for marriage, and they chose to inflict all that hurt and damage on her. theyre not really “at fault” for what exactly happened, and so many factors and circumstances influenced their relationship in ways that were just hard to fix— ur right that u can def understand them which is why it hurts even more, but again i wouldnt say theyre at the stage where theyre “just kids” and can be understood for recently reacting to losing their dad and mom. they lost their mom a decade ago, and they chose to throw this one out too

Contributor
I lo e flashback chapters like this in story, mist of time it's really great.

Users who are viewing this thread