A Story about Living with a Ghost who will Attain Enlightenment in a Year. - Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
Unexpectedly sweet turn of events. Thanks for translating this.

44 and 20, really was this close to being a sweet ending and then it got real fucking weird.

Double-page supporter
Excuse me if my understanding of enlightenment and reincarnation is piir, yet getting out and in of the reincarnation circle and surfing through 20 years of karma for that encounter, that's a power move.

Dex-chan lover
the MC is around his 40? the author surely suck at timeskip and aging.

its another case if they make "the mc cursed with no aging appearance" and everyone near him getting old but him.

for a sweet ending, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, why 20 years? why don't the mc aging? the ending left hole in my heart but not in good way.

Idk what's wrong about the age gap if in the end they're both single, both without children prior to reuniting, both with stable income, and both smart enough to not fuck up each other's lives.

The age gap would only be "weird" if any of those conditions I stated, or probably some other details I missed, weren't present.

Y'all need to keep your morals in check and make sure there's logical backing to your claims as to why a situation is "wrong" or "weird".

Don't start a religious debate with me either.

Also, about the physical aging "problem", they're Japanese. With proper self-care, us asians look like 15 yr olds in our late twenties and 30 yr olds in our forties. Please stop your appropriation based on your own environment.

And the artstyle is wrinkles = lines on the face = older.
Learn art before judging the artist's art.

Dex-chan lover
The only ones here with questionable morals are those whining about the age gap...

Dex-chan lover
Would have preferred an horror end but I'll take it. And congrats everyone for getting triggered about fictional couples like you always do.

Guy death omake with him next to achieve enlightenment please. 24 years to enlightenment.

Dex-chan lover
So she attained enlightenment and reincarnated? Is that right?

@ryouhira
>for a sweet ending, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, why 20 years? why don't the mc aging? the ending left hole in my heart but not in good way.
Because legal age laws.
"And than she woke up from the coma" would be a better ending, and just as cliche. Or any other obvious ending which doesn't involve "and when she reached the legal age in their country of residence they meet and get married".
Cure overall, but ending is a huge letdown. Oh well.

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoyed this manga, but the ending ruined it for me. Went from a 8-9/10 to a 6-7/10 after the ending.

I would have loved if she would have been revived because she had been sucking his soul out for a whole year, and then they would be together.

The age gap that the ending made was definitely cringe, and was not something that I enjoyed or expected, but there aren’t really any other options when it comes to a ghost love story.

Users who are viewing this thread