A Tale of the Secret Saint - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

@Whatevershittypoops
There were nothing sexist about this chapter. Her brother was known not to go easy on people and just past the last 100 people. Some heard of this and took advantage.

Lol. It's funny how her personality went from I don't wanna stand out so I'll just have to try and appear as weak as possible to B*tch please, I'm gonna make you bow down to me cuz I'm absolute

Dex-chan lover
@Morose
@Yurisivel: The thing is, the majority of the Knight's didn't really know or understand what she did, so her breaking some of the Knights Chivalry isn't really a problem.

I'm sorry what? So its not cheating if no ones finds out? Are you being serious here?

If an athlete dopes in a way that avoids detection, wins the gold medal, then by your logic there is no problem? Not about the unfair advantage given to the doper, completely undermining the value of fair play, or leveling the playing field so that every participant having a fair chance at winning?

And, from the way the story is presented, i think this story is trying to focus more on the negatives of Knights Chivalry, with their unless notions of stuff and prestige that don't have any meaning. Especially Fia's brothers who keep looking at others weaker than them with contempt.

You're just moving goalposts around. It's not about the exam, it was actually the bad things about the order in the first place!

You're not even confident in your new goalpost because "thinking" it is, but not providing any evidence other than "brothers are bad", speaks more about their characters than it does about the organization itself.

As for her training, it was already said that Fia didn't even have a little bit of talent with Swords, so whatever training or hardship she did was mostly wasted or atleast only made her reach basic level of proficiency.

So the only option is to cheat then? Don't bother training because all your efforts are pointless and the only way to achieve your dreams is to cheat. How inspiring. 🙄

People are good at either one thing or another, while also being bad at one thing or another. Just because she failed and used Magic as a support to achieve her dream isn't really wrong as even her Magic is her own strength and ability. So, Fia cheating isn't really a terrible moral message, because the cheats she used is also her own powers, rather than external factors. What Fia did was simply use her abilities she is good at and used her brain, which isn't bad. Remember, there isn't much difference between a Knight and a Magic Knight.

That in no way excuses Fia for cheating to pass the exams. You admitted that she is cheating, but still think that there is leeway to debate the severity of her actions just because she cheated with her own powers.

The fact that you're entire premise rests on there being no rule that "prohibits use Saintess magic", really show how little understanding you have of why exams exist in the first place and why cheating in any form undermines its foundations and everyone who participates in it.

Fia isn't really the underdog though. Its obvious that she is weaker at Swordsmanship and base physical strength, but she was a Saintess in the past, and gained back the base mana capacity she had in her past life. So, at base she is practically one of the strongest beings alive.

It's a shame I'm judging her as a knight then, isn't it? Clear underdog there.

As for why she was trying to avoid her brother, and even tried to gain a default pass, was because what she wanted to become was a Knight anyway possible (originally, she wanted to become a Knight so that she could prove herself to her family, but after recovering her past-life memory, she kind of forgot that notion, and aimed for Knighthood, as a different path of work). So, just because she tried to gain a pass on her test without doing much isn't that big of a problem, as people in real life also do that.

She didn't forget her dream. Why would she forget her dream of being a knight just because she remembered her life as Saintess? Those things literally have nothing to do with each other. Stop lying and twisting the narrative to suit your misguided arguments.

Plus it was her brother who was the tester whom she wanted to avoid, because they had never treated her properly until now, and it was possible that the brothers would have been extra hard on her (if she didn't use magic boost), and probably beaten her more badly compared to others just so that they could prove their superiority. In a situation like this, anyone would want to skip a test and go for default pass.

Because it makes for a poor story and even poorer character writing. But given everything you've argued so far, I guess its fitting you wouldn't see any problem with it.

Dex-chan lover
Did the manga just said that the women that passed was because the examiner had to let them pass instead of being because they are good enough to pass on their own?

Dex-chan lover
Oh good. I was fearing this would be one of those isekais that took itself too seriously. Nice to see it being dumb and wacky. That and it was good seeing her take her brothers to the cleaners.

Dex-chan lover
Alright either it's a TL error or some really funny business is going on,
How can it be a "sermon as usual" given her brother almost never spoke to her? (Since she sucked with a sword, see chapter 1)

Fed-Kun's army
MC does not want to be found out
Immediately uses recovery magic on a person she just met for no reason kek

Dex-chan lover
Either the author is forgetting his own settings 24/7, making mistakes left and right or the TL is a mess. I've read other things from this group so inclined to the former.

She keeps on saying how much she wants to hide being a saint and keeps on using her power left and right I'm just so frustrated to read this bye

Dex-chan lover
@Nogoodimaginativename
Sorry for the late reply. Because you don't direct at me so I don't get the notice.
That's not an error.

Her brother doesn't talk to her but has always been looking down on her like "Damn you, stop embarrassing (quit dirty) our name"

In her brother's POV chapter, they thought her as useless and they wouldn't treat her like a human. Yes, something is wrong with their head.
They even plan to let her die in that adult ceremony test.
Meanwhile, the more talented and strong someone is, the more they treat that person like a god.

Dex-chan lover
@Loli_Omamoritai
Sorry for the late reply. Because you don't direct at me so I don't get the notice.
That's not an error.
Yeah no problem; I wasn't necessarily expecting one so this is great :)
Yeah I didn't @ you because even though I mention it could be a TL issue I was definitely leaning more towards an author issue since the story seems a little scrambled (or "excited" if you will ;) )

Her brother doesn't talk to her but has always been looking down on her like "Damn you, stop embarrassing (quit dirty) our name"
In her brother's POV chapter, they thought her as useless and they wouldn't treat her like a human. Yes, something is wrong with their head.
They even plan to let her die in that adult ceremony test.
Meanwhile, the more talented and strong someone is, the more they treat that person like a god.
Ahhh now it makes a bit more sense, I must've glossed over those bits and not think about it properly, this makes it much more consistent. Like I completely forgot that one brother stopped talking to her when it was realized she was an extremely poor knight earlier on... (I think I just assumed it was like other manga where it's a case of they don't know how to relate, not that they hate them and just ran with that bad assumption).

i.e. Thank you for clearing it up!

Fed-Kun's army
How can they put her in the same groups as her brothers? Isn't that a massive conflict of interest no matter how you look at it?

Ni-san is right. There is nothing chivalrous about her. Past life aside she dreamt to become a knight her whole life. That's not the attitude of someone who dreamt to become one.

Users who are viewing this thread