A Tale of the Secret Saint - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The 4th "Monster Taming" Knight Order Part 2

Dex-chan lover
On page 4 what he's saying is roughly that (not actual translation, just summary of what he mean)
(after initial comment on how she keep showing up in front of him)
Because he's a believer of meritocracy, (he thinks) Fia who lacks any real power won't get any favorable treatment even if she tries to curry his favors.

One major weakness of MTL is that it can't really handle characters who speak with accent or other uncommon ways.

Group Leader
... That TL note on Page 8 caused me much mental pain... though I remembered this was the internet then quickly shrugged it off. Since the dragon is dressed as a bird, the long baa sound in the baaka is supposed to be baaawka, like a chicken sound. Bawka bawka!

That's totally what's going on, and the reason why the romaji was left in the bubble, despite the romaji disturbing the reading flow. It was an untranslateable pun, that the translators didnt want to localize. /s

Or maybe, the TL note was for people who didn't realize that sounds are kinda what set words apart, and that words are literally made up of sounds (or letters, when written)

Also, what self-respecting English speaker uses "thought circuit"?

Anyways, thx for reminding me that there's a new chapter out of this series for me to read... Earthstar doesnt have an RSS, afaik.

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion
My guess is that fia is the last "pure blood" saint, due to the betrayal of her family, her death and betrayal meant that the saintess power was dilluded over the centuries, essentially the demon's warning was that if she returned he'd kill her again because as long as she lives, a "true" saintess will exist, and when she doesn't, it will eventually die out, as she was divinely chosen by the god/gods, and betrayal probably meant they didn't take kindly to humanity, especially the kingdom that abandoned her, after that.

Yep, LoL, indeed she's an idiot. But it's entertaining xD

@Sep10trion I was thinking about that, but their powers are too weak compared to 300 years ago. Also, our MC is a special case since she was personally threatened in her previous life, so...

Ah, anyway, she is making such a big mess.

Dex-chan lover
As I said in chapter 7 a while ago...
I managed to figure out I left a notepad app open with a part of the correction recom. I had:
Page 24
Charlotte. Some monsters still injured,

Charlotte. Some monsters are still injured,

Page 33
I think...
Maybe she has fainted

I... will try fainting a bit (said by Charlotte)

Page 37

You used recovery magic a while ago, so the magical power circulated inside you. And it's sweet scent overflows from where you got hurt.

Since you used recovery magic a while ago, the magic is circulating within you and a sweet smell is overflowing from your wound.

Dex-chan lover
Retribution for what?
Giving her a menial task that can be easily done and involves little to no danger?

What are you talking about TL dude?

Thnx for the TL as always.

@mahtan
The task is a hard one since the person actively has to hurt the monster by making them drink the medicine. Hence why a strong knight needed to be placed in that position, and why its a dick move to make this girl, who looks weak, do it instead.

Dex-chan lover
@Ronye
I dunno.
She is a knight, that she is female should not be a factor when deciding what work to give her otherwise it would be discrimination.
So in this merit the commander gets a high mark, I suppose. Even though he likely give that job to her because she is from the Royal Knights and he has some anger towards them.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan : It's not that she's female, it's that given his own declaration that Fia (in his eyes) is weak, he still sent her to do a job that normally requires a knight strong enough to actually order servant monsters of other people to drink the bitter medicine.

i.e. he is sending a 'weak' knight to do a task that require a strong one, knowingly so.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan
This might be skipped in the manga but it was explained in the novel.

Gideon hates the 1st Knight Order.
Just like their number, the 1st Knight Order is where the strongest knight gathered.
Meanwhile, Gideon is in the 4th Knight Order, which also means he isn't really that strong.
And normally, Knight can only tame Monsters weaker than him.

Because they are somewhat weak like that, they got injured a lot.
They literally "fight with their life on the line" but they didn't get much respect for being weak (Uhm... maybe by people like Leon/Fia's brother)

And after he realized "R", his servant and the whole Stable were healed by Fia, he regretted it and apologized to Fia.
Gideon himself admits that "he PURPOSED TOOK IT OUT ON Fia and harassed her" and "He should have listened to her, he wasted the chance to be taught by Fia"

By the way, Fia thought Gideon is just being difficult and his harassment is only about the feet of Leon, her brother. So, she is "water under the bridge" with him.

Ah, I forgot to add. Treating Fia rudely might be "normal" like you said but...
Captain Cyril, Commander Saviz "Ordered" that the 4th Knight Order "MUST LISTEN" to Fia and have her teach them about "Judging monster's life force"
Gideon "IGNORED" the Captain and Commander's Order.

Captain Cyril isn't happy when he hears that and "demands an answer" from Gideon.

That's what I called "Retribution"
Well, he reaps what he sows.

Just found this and am enjoying it. Looks like no one is translating the novel :(

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
Yes, but it makes sense with how he hates the royal guard knights and she is one of them so his treatment of her is "normal" even if it could be said to be wrong.

I'm really liking this story and saintess!!! cute!

Thank you for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread