A Villainess No More - Ch. 42

Dex-chan lover
...shouldn't the knights be taking her statement instead of the recently awakened wife- should she attend? well she is a protagonist and seeing as how she isn't groggy since she woke up... (sleeping in for 2 days does more to the body especially since there isn't any sort of transfusion in fantasy novels or exercise practices) well no matter-
thanks for the translation! it's been a while since I've seen this series. (I've stockpiled from chapter 28~)

Dex-chan lover
as far as i am reading these manhwas, their relationship is build realistically between two adults who have shared their responsibilities together. It might sounded a bit bland on the romance side but it looks very refreshing to see it progressing from 0 to 100 slowly rather than halfway 50 from the start

Dex-chan lover
He says he forced her into the conflict, but I'm pretty sure Allendis was the one that did it first. lol

Nice to see improvements in their relationship as chapter goes by..
Thank you!

Dex-chan lover
I just realized, that the Evil Lady-part hasn't really been a major focus of the story at all. It was the setup in the beginning, but now... If it would have been a Normal Lady the story might been where it is right now, without any major differences. No revenge, no enemies of the Evil Lady per se, nothing that reminds us about that.

Double-page supporter
@Qelix she is a sweet girl who was a little old fashioned and thus was branded a villainess.

You mean the trap she knew was a trap and willingly walk into? No I'm not letting it go

This arc could somewhat salvage itself by just saying that there was no way she could have known about winter breaking magic or the power of winter, which it kind of did? It's very poor writing to imply that Athy was a moron who waltzes into things she knows are traps if she isn't powerful, and making her lose to literally her first opponent makes the readers think she's helpless. If it had been a long, drawn out battle where several other knights died and Athy held her own until the end, I would be far more pleased with it. At this current point, it seems any idiot with some winter magic could kill this girl the story has talked up as being strong and independant.

I don't mind the damsel in distress trope in some situations, but making her rely on her husband at literally the first sign of trouble is not a good sign.

They acted like a couple who already knows each other for YEARS instead of days.... I found it weird..

Came from Tappy to read ahead since you guys are at 40+ chapters, but actually it seems it's pretty much at the same place as Tappy at 20?

That said, thank you for the translation! I'm glad to see she has the winternight power, because hopefully it means we'll see eliza on some badass expeditions!

Dex-chan lover
I'm also reading through the chinese raws. I'm pretty confused as to why the english side decided to split the chinese chapters into 3+ different chaps.

Users who are viewing this thread