A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 10

ML seemed to have known her dead husband so maybe he thinks she's a gold digger? I mean she kinda did marry for money so he wouldn't be wrong. Usually aristocrats don't personally care for their children like Mildred does here either, so I don't think it's weird that he assumed she was searching for a young & rich husband. At any rate i hope they get over the misunderstanding soon bc it is getting annoying that he's constantly like I Disapprove Of You Being Interested In Other Men when she aint interested at all LOL

Supporter
From personal experience, I've had guys younger than me be interested in me and they tend to be a little uh hmm possessive? Or easily disturbed by any other possible "competition". For example this one guy 8 years younger than me is constantly keeping tabs of the guys I talk to at work. Its amusing only because I don't see myself ever dating him, AND I'm also a very laid back person and things don't unsettle me easily BUT regardless it is a little intrusive when he comes and checks up on me as soon as a guy approaches me.

While guys older than me tend to be more laid back and some even go as far as seeming uninterested which then I have to ask them plainly if there's anything between us haha.

And then there's girls, they're ideal change my mind hahah.

@wkread haven’t you ever read or watched Pride and prejudice? Or any Jane Austin? The mother’s are always obsessed with there daughter’s manage prospects (and father’s if they’re good ones) since marriage was basically the single most important thing in a woman’s life and decided their futures. Unless a woman was extremely wealthy, living on her own was very difficult.

@HiAndHello I haven't, lol but i mean yeah i know the marriage thing is par for the course. but mildred is personally raising her kids rn bc they don't have servants in their house at all (which ML even mentioned the fact that she had her daughters with her even during the house tour, and she said she was trying to set a good example), which makes it sound pretty out of the norm.

Hmmm idk I'm seeing some red flags with him ahaha. They're not even anything yet but he seems to be a tad possessive already. Like can't a woman ask about a guy?

Uh - I don't see this as him being jealous, but concerned about her reasons for being interested in the boy he's mentoring. She's being evasive, and not saying clearly that she's interested for her daughters' sake. Since that boy is
the prince
and Walford is partially responsible for him, it's natural that he's asking questions. Mildred would do (has done?) the same for her daughters.

@wkread fair point, I was focusing more on the “anything to get my daughters married” angle and less on the “actually competent parenting” part...

Contributor
Down, boy. Even if jealousy becomes you, you're way too ready to jump at things. ~w~;

is he... is he "already" jealous? like gorl, you need to rmb that she have three lasses

Users who are viewing this thread