A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 12

Ok Daniel just sometimes comes across as sus but maybe it's because he likes to handle the nitty-gritty stuff behind-the-scenes. From spoilers it seems he means well but is just a bit overbearing when it comes to taking care of people he's interested in/likes, imho. But he does kinda have to be a bit more proactive in vying for Mildred's attention since she's not exactly looking to marry again so soon, esp with all the pressure to do so from her older brother, as well as the decorum of that world and time. Hopefully things will clear up in future chapters but we'll see.

First time reading. Confusing where this is going. I kinda like it but at the same time it's more slice of lifey than the other pile of webtoons with drama every other chapter

So I am of the mind that people have been a bit too quick to judge Daniel, but I do also understand where its coming from. He definitely puts up a lot more of a smokescreen than usual, at least in a way that more teasing than actually secretive. Meaning I'm used to MLs who tend to just not say anything rather than say something to divert or confuse, like Daniel. I feel like MLs tend to be either aloof and disinterested until they get interested for whatever reason, or overbaringly affectionate to the point of being a bit smothering, and while Daniel is persistent he hasn't been labeled and a sadist or something. His motives are still unclear even now.

Someone also said that his design is also more "plain" with brown hair and eyes when usually MLs will have some part of their color pallet that's more fantastical which is also sending weird mixed messages, since a side character rather than even a 2nd ML doesn't usually get designed that way. I suspect that the author wanted Daniel to come across unassuming but it had the opposite effect. He's so normal looking that it's weird.

It’s a breath of fresh air to have a ML that’s a bit sus but also nice and inviting, while also coming across as really reliable. I’m a bit sick of the attractive psycho black haired/white haired ML with jeweled eyes.
I’m also really glad it’s not a mUh sLoW LifE type of story! The pace is actually relaxing.

*Wait people are saying that Daniel was jealous or something? Am I forgetting some scene? The only thing that comes to mind is when Mildred was asking about the apprentice, and I saw it as Daniel being sus of why the heck she was interested and being protective over Leon rather than her. Which was great, imo. Nobody fixates over a random woman irl.

Fed-Kun's army
This field hockey looks a lot more like lacrosse, at least how often they hold up the stick lol

Fed-Kun's army
This mother fucker... He really has no ability to read the room does he? He has the emotional intelligence of a goddamn snail. At least this story is a bit more realistic with why they aren't jumping into their arms immediately, especially after the "but you're not married" comment.

Esteticaly unfortunate or not, anyone would be lucky to marry an energetic and dutifull girl like the oldest.

@xel7 yeah.. it can be like that... but i have a hunch that
the prince is cinderella's son because in the original story, the prince is depicted as more mature... while here he is more like childish and still need guidance

today on "iris is super cute as always and my heart grows ten times bigger seeing her smile"

what a nice chapter!!! daniel seems really insensitive to someone who lost her husband huuuuuhhhhh

thank you for the chapter!!

idk man i just want to focus on her raising her daughter not getting knowing weird dude, this is boring ugh.

@yumekochan bro same, the reason I came here in the first place was to see the dynamic between the mom and her children, not to see her flirting for 5 chapters with a rando she met on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread