A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 5

Very cute! He's also, thankfully, a lot older than I guessed in the previous chapter.
I thought he was late teens/early 20's but he looks the proper age for Mildred here, excited for their romance~

yes all the sparkles !!!

also the way the colour scheme of their clothes match,,,,,,, 👁️ ,,,,,,,

Dex-chan lover
Today in "things shoujo MLs do that are portrayed as charming but are actually red flags": flirting with a woman who just told you she is married.

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus : Hey now, he knows of her husband, so maybe he's also aware that she's widowed (it's been a while since Mildred got the news)

@Binary10011
@Acolytus
Gallant behaviour towards a lady was, at the time, the norm. On the contrary, a man who had not behaved as if he were fascinated by the lady, especially the married one, with whom he was talking would have been considered extremely rude (obviously the flirting had to remain only at minimum levels without ending in vulgarity), and no one - not even husbands - were scandalized by this exchange of courtesies. The jealousy typical of manga, manwha & manhua "don't even look at my woman" in the European courts was absolutely opposed as an act of great incivility and rudeness.
The only reason Mildred seems so upset about it is because she comes from the modern age and from a world - the Asian one - much more morigrated and detached. She simply doesn't have the "flirting immunity" that every noblewoman over the age of 16 developed naturally

Mother, was it necessary to be snarky and sarcastic? A tsundere hmmm don't know what to feel with that.

What's wrong with kissing a woman's hand? Is that automatically considered flirting? In that kind of setting I think that's normal or at least that's what I think according to heyer, austen and kleypas books. Aristocratic mamas in historical fiction are treated the same way?

And what's up with those who complain about the sfxs?? Clean your ungrateful butts instead.

Users who are viewing this thread