A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 9

@usawion
I think their "uglyness" is based on east asian beauty standards that push for big round eyes, tiny noses, white skin, and a personality that is both helpless and somewhat stupid etc, which is why Ashley is considered to be the most desireable.
The two other girls I personally find much more appealing, but it is indicated that e.g. their noses are quite... prominent haha. They simply don't tick all the boxes of "traditional beauty standards", hence they simply must be ugly.

Dex-chan lover
@Lo0py
Mildred is right about this technically being the world of cinderella, however she's got the cast of characters wrong, the queen and thus the prince's mother, is the cinderella from the story, this is one of the reasons the queen is so open minded and accepting of her son's choice in bride, this is mildred's love story instead of her daughters, though 2 of her daughters do find romance (the third seems uninterested in romance).
Oh and if you want another spoiler (another big one), daniel is the fairy godmother's grandson, hence his ties to the royal family and why people who get on his bad side tend to regret it (though he's not a yandere, if that worries you, he's actually rather doting on mildred)

@Tatsuya-Kai
Thanks for the spoiler :D If you feel like sharing more details of how the story progresses, how he wins Mildred over, anything, I'd be more than grateful <3

Omg Mildred is more beautiful every each chapter
Thanks for the chapter and all your hard work!!

Wilford is still giving me bad vibes... He's not even doinf anything suspicious really, but he's not really showcasing a good personality either..

Aggregator gang
@Tatsuya-Kai Whoa, thank you so much! I'm actually a bit floored by the spoilers, then again I'm a bit excited for the romance mow

Lord Wilford is giving me too many red flags, it’s making me very uncomfortable. I hope she doesn’t just ignore them.

thank you for the translations! please know that your work is always appreciated and we see the amount of effort the team puts in <3

Dex-chan lover
@KathyClysm
Well i should point out a good deal of my knowledge is from spoilers i've seen, i have read some of the story itself but not the entire story, but if you want a bit more then i'll post some more.
The relationship between mildred and daniel develops naturally, over time, hence trying to explain moments specifically is a bit difficult, if i was to point one out specifically, mildred get's a bit worried about daniel spending so much time at her house that it might cause a scandal (widow/unmarried woman trope), he's worried about leaving the girls alone in a place like that, and his house "just so happens" to catch fire and he needs a place to stay while repairs are done(daniel's EXTREMELY rich so this doesn't matter too much).
The prince is the brown haired helper that hit mildred the first time they met, i believe daniel is using magic on him to change his hair color, the prince falls in love with lily(it's mutual), the oldest brown haired girl, lily hesitates dating him as she believes she needs to sacrifice her own happiness to marry into a wealthy family to take care of her mother and sisters since she's the oldest(she doesn't know he's the prince when he proposes), this work's itself out and she becomes crown princess by the ending.
The second daughter (name escapes me atm) wants to become a artist, though it is a difficult road as she's female and it isn't cheap, she eventually makes a name for herself and becomes a renown artist and painter in her own right, she marries a knight but it takes a very long time to happen as she wants to put her career first.
Ashley never married by the ending (it isn't to say she's against it, but her main goal was to spend time with her mother and sisters), i believe she became a successful businesswoman and might be being trained to be daniel's successor.
One final thing about daniel and mildred, daniel knows from moment 1 that mildred has otherworldly knowledge and memories, however i believe it's implied that mildred is in fact mildred, and it was some kind of crossover event which caused her to get memories of something of that nature, daniel offers her to seal those memories for her (she still longs for children she may have not met yet and may not meet in this life), mildred eventually accepts, one of the after the ending side stories implies that mildred's eventual korean self meets what is implied to be daniel again (implying he found her again), the story doesn't go into detail about it but if i remember right he may be the father of her korean self's children.
Daniel and mildred don't have any children by the ending, she believed herself happy with her 3 daughters and daniel doesn't mind, the ending is exactly what you'd expect from a story like this, they lived happily ever after et all.

Group Leader
I came here expecting family bonding time and here I am sitting in awe at how someone can be so slimy. Like dude, just state your objective. Do you interested in her as a partner or you just wanna fuck around with a hot milf? And I hate at how he got portrayed as a powerful dude even if he's just a Baron make it even worse. He can do anything to Mildred and decide to play around like a cat play with their food.

I love this series so much yet I hate it at the same time. Mildred and her daughters are excellent character while Walford is just a sore in the eyes.

Ik its too much too ask but I mush the story was more about fl and her daughters. Like we had almost none of the family for a lot of chapters and I started reading the series cause of the family not a random dude.
also I don't like Wilford. Fuck him.

Group Leader
burn wilford we want to see bonding witht he daughters bark bark bark

Fed-Kun's army
Wilford makes me feel quite uncomfortable and it seems like he is ml...

Users who are viewing this thread