A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
@BanditHadron
Yeahh
Especially with this chapter where iris hid the tiara cause she low key wants to dress up as a princess :c (from what I'm inferring)

Dex-chan lover
This is technically her first time raising kids and I know she wants ashley to end up with the prince because that would be good for the rest of the family but don't forget your other daughters need encouragement and attention too

she should pay attention more to the other two too, yeah.. but also i like that the conflicts are realistic? among siblings there is bound to be some sort of envy—usually when you're still young and all but. they've only welcomed ashley as a new addition to the family pretty recently so they didn't get that, huh.

personally, i think mildred is really concerned about their financial situation (well, as she should be) and that's why she keeps on pushing ashley to be cinderella. because their statuses will increase the moment she marries the prince and to mildred it's something fool-proof, 100% gonna happen. would rely on iris and lily too if finding a suitable husband isn't hard (as she said/as far as her knowledge goes, men around them are too old, poor or taken haha). in matters of why she's paying attention to ashley so much—i think it's unrelated to pushing her to be cinderella and more of a "this kid is a klutz" vibe. hard to leave her alone, yknow. it really is too bad that mildred is only one person...

Double-page supporter
Ooh lily is such a sweetheart. She know her big sister's mood and immediately negate it :D

I just had a wild guess on how the Mildred will wear a fairy godmother outfit, on the next chapter. Seems fitting but ironic.

P.S. This is a wild guess and not a spoiler, unless I guessed right

Thank you for the translation!!❤️❤️❤️
I think Mildred still had this idea that Ashley is Cinderella in her mind, so she wanted her to be a princess😅

i love how well developed the sisters are as characters. I love them! I can't wait to see their outfits

Iris is jealous~
I hate this war of parent's attention between siblings. She's focusing too much on the plot but it can't be helped.

Really i dont understand mildred's thinking like she wants to be free from all nobles convenience and be independant and at the same time is absolutely obsessed with marrying her daughters like why not change this world with the empress dowager??

@Black_varian I think for now, mildred is prioritizing the marriage of her daughters since its the fastest way to escape the situation they're in, which is their struggle with their financial problems. She may be finding ways to get money like selling the paintings of high value in their house/mansion or selling the rights to make the flower thingy on dresses but even that isn't i guess u could say stable?? So ig through marriage, their daughters may be cared for and would no longer have to struggle with financial problems. And its also the fastest way since her daughters are nearing the marriageable age. I could be wrong tho because then again, she could make a business out of the flower thingy. It's certainly possible especially now that she has the support of the empress dowager. idk thats just wut i think

Fed-Kun's army
@apples_and_cheese123 I think with the flower thing, she mentioned that they're so simple to make that if she were to make a business out of it, someone else could make one too and then she'd lose her investment

Mildred is trying to be a good mom, but it can’t be helped when kids are envious of one another. Hopefully, their bond as a family will get stronger. The two sisters get their just happy endings, and Ashley make more of herself.

Users who are viewing this thread