A Witch's Life in a Six-Tatami Room - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - I don't want it to go away just like that.

Dex-chan lover
@77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx
That's a real meal in japan, Ochazuke. Rather old fashioned but yes. Sometimes they don't ise Green tea but dashi instead. Basically it's a rice soup (a somewhat common food in many asian countries, and it's rice gruel/porridge mind you), only you use green tea instead.

reu

Dex-chan lover
...a duel like with violence and stuff?
She, a glorified multimedia entertainer, versus a old timey hardcore witch and someone who's idea of a good time is blasting stuff into the stratosphere with a bat.
If this doesn't end the way it should I'm rage dropping this

Dex-chan lover
@reu I think the duel will be tackling some kind of request and I think you shouldnt underestimate Areola. As you can see, Areola is ranked higher than these two. For what I see in rank D & C request (in past chapters), a B ranked should know a certain amount of offensive spells.

reu

Dex-chan lover
The rank just indicantes how popular and well paid the witch is
She's a higher rank in her particular speciallized field, in the same way you wouldn't expect a physics nobel laureate or a top selling artist to be able stop someone who stole a purse, something a low paid cop would be able to do, you wouldn't expect a entertainer witch to do well in a duel

Dex-chan lover
@reu
maybe she excel in illusion magic?................. maybe -_-

i think she have trump card . thats why she proposed the duel

@77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx Ochazuke is absolutely amazing, you normally put toppings on top of the rice (such as salted salmon, salmon roe, rice crackers, etc) which combine really well with good green tea and soft mellow rice. I would definitely recommend trying it once!

I know it's being off-handed, but the existance of "amnesia magic", and the fact that such young witch can use it, is still horrifying. The author tried to play it down by adding the condition of "agreement", but that isn't really reasuring when you can just threaten/blackmail/torture someone into accepting it and then erase any memory of it ever happening.

Dex-chan lover
She's jealous of their Teete! lol messing with their combo is something I can't accept! :S she took it personal when it wasn't just about her appearance.

@Doramas I mean, if we're really going that far, Lilica could smash someone to bits with her bat, but she won't... The people who would blackmail and torture someone into accepting are most likely on the wanted list already lol but is not that kind of manga!

reu

Dex-chan lover
@davremedy why the -_-? that would indeed be her specialization, flashy entertaining illusions, which wouldn't give her much avail against a harcore witch and a manic with a bat
She thinks htey're so inferior that they wouldn't even be able to fly, to her it's a given that she'll win, she's just getting rid of some minor annoyances.
I think you're giving her way too much credit when, whatever her motivations may be, she's clearly just a flashy and popular bully.

Dex-chan lover
So the two will probably win but then they're not going to abuse their request as much as I want them to.

Supporter
Assuming the raws used the term "Mansion" (マンション), Aroela was actually referring to a high-rise apartment building, not a mansion. Fun with Japanese loanwords.

Dex-chan lover
...or we could just tell everyone about your "dirty secrets".
These doormat characters always piss me off so much...

@77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx The following is the recipe I used, with some homemade salted salmon, salmon roe, umeboshi, and rice crackers. It wasn't too complicated, and with all the strong flavours it definitely won't taste like grass!
https://www.justonecookbook.com/ochazuke/

But otherwise, make sure to try it at a restaurant sometimes, it is great

Dex-chan lover
The Japanese tea on rice reminds me of Hakka Thunder Tea Rice
https://www.chopstickchronicles.com/ochauzuke-japanese-tea-rice/
https://whattocooktoday.com/hakka-ground-tea-rice.html

Users who are viewing this thread